Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 2025 - Hallowfest - New Halloween event for 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby coasternut » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:31 am

DoinItForTheFame wrote:
sixflagsguy5 wrote:Question for the SFGADV locals- is there a specific car or seat on Zumanjaro that is least likely to soil your clothes?

I’ve rode basically every seat on Zumanjaro, and I almost always soil my clothes. - However, I was still able to clench the cheeks and enjoy the ride! :) Yes, it’s terrifying, but I promise... it won’t make you sh!t yourself. It just feels like it will. :)

Thank you for a good laugh this morning. :lol:
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:26 am

boldikus wrote:
sixflagsguy5 wrote:Question for the SFGADV locals- is there a specific car or seat on Zumanjaro that is least likely to soil your clothes? I visited last season and rode twice (don’t remember which vehicles) and my pants and jacket were covered in KK grease. Was able to remove it with dish soap, but would prefer to avoid having stained clothes for the remainder of the day!

I have lost track how many times I've ridden Zum and this has not once ever happened to me or anyone I've ridden with. I know its a possibly and they have signage everywhere but I think you just got unlucky.

Same here, I don't think you need to be that worried about it.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby bengalsguy601 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:15 pm

sixflagsguy5 wrote:Question for the SFGADV locals- is there a specific car or seat on Zumanjaro that is least likely to soil your clothes? I visited last season and rode twice (don’t remember which vehicles) and my pants and jacket were covered in KK grease. Was able to remove it with dish soap, but would prefer to avoid having stained clothes for the remainder of the day!

I believe the grease thing is something that only happens it is raining or has just rained.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby wildcattb5 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:10 pm

Hello all, new to the forum (though I've been reading it for years) but I am a SFGAdv season passholder and today's park experience was what finally prompted me to register.

As most of you know, Isaias came through yesterday forcing the region's parks to close. Everything reopened today with the weather fine but the area still rebounding from sporadic power outages. I had already made a rez to arrive at 10:30. I knew the park didn't officially open until 11 so I wasn't sure what to expect, the line in moved just fine and people were let in without delay. But it was weird because apart from Joker testing, none of the other rides were in test cycles 10 minutes before "opening". The park was still pretty empty, I felt like I was just walking amongst staff, like I shouldn't even be on the premises yet. But alas I made my way to El Toro which was starting its test runs, as well as Kingda Ka.

The small crowd waited patiently (it was after "opening" at this point) and it seemed like it would open soon. All of a sudden a ride op makes an announcement that not only will there be a delay due to technical difficulties, but that "no other rides are operating at the moment". Sure enough there were no test runs of any sort happening. El Toro's A train was also stuck on the approach to the lift, suggesting there may have been a power issue perhaps. I took a lap around between Plaza del Carnival, Golden Kingdom, Boardwalk, and Frontier Adventures and the scene was the same throughout, just people waiting around for something, anything to open. Sure enough I see Runaway Mine Train testing as well as the Skyway. I make my way over and it looked promising, they already had 2 cycles with riders. But then a stuck restraint occured when trying to unload, causing the ride to shut again.

At this point it's been an hour and I'm contemplating whether I should even bother waiting around. I live an hour away in the northern Philly suburbs so it's hard to just be like "okay I'll try again tomorrow" after driving out there, but I also know how Six Flags can be in trying to "resolve" these issues. In typical SF fashion there was no overall communication on what was causing practically the entire park to not be operating, no apologies or reassurances, unless you happened to ask a staff member personally. I understand that the ops and staff don't know any more than the public why things aren't going as planned, especially being the day after a tropical storm, but it is still frustrating, even making an announcement with a BS reason would be better than no communication apart from the one moment from the El Toro ride op. It's just asking for the GP to get riled up, especially if you aren't a passholder and spent good money to bring your family to the park. Eventually certain flat rides did open up, and Runaway Mine Train and Bizarro both tested again. This was at the same time that both the Skyway and SkyScreamer would break down and strand riders in the air.

It was then that I decided to cut my losses, and I bought/reserved tickets to Hersheypark to try to salvage my day, even though it's 2 hrs away from GAdv and I practically have to drive back home and go in the opposite direction. I left at 12 without a single ride, as people kept entering the park; Kingda Ka was resuming tests but I also know not to hold my breath with it staying open. Sure enough I did check in Hershey what the ride status was and El Toro, Kingda Ka, Superman, and Wonder Woman were all closed. It would've been a wasted day if I stayed, I can only imagine the lines for the open rides such as Nitro, Batman, and Bizarro, especially now with the Covid restrictions. Ultimately even only a half day at Hershey got me multiple rides on Skyrush, and rides on Candymonium, Fahrenheit, and several others.
20200805_111530.jpg
El Toro's train stuck on the lift approach
20200805_112021.jpg
Very muddy water

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:40 pm

I don't know what happened between 12-3 today. I arrived at the parking booth at 3PM, three hours after the person above left. The parking attendant said the park is open but the park doesn't have power to run the rides and didn't know when they would be back online. I figured I would still take a chance since I was there. I was told the same thing at the temperature check and by the person scanning my pass. So I figured I would grab lunch and take two laps around the park. As others have said, the food reservation process works quite well (although you can't make a custom order).

So as I walked El Toro, an employee asks where I'm going. I told her I was just walking around the park since the rides are closed. She told me I couldn't keep walking towards El Toro since the park is closed. I asked her when the park closed. She said it just happened. I turned around and kept talking and said when did the park make the announcement. She said they can't make an announcement about the park closing. I asked what she meant, and she said the park doesn't make closing announcements, it was her job (and her counterparts) to tell everybody. Ten seconds later the announcement was made over the PA, a little before 4PM
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bill_s » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:26 am

The parks's schedule shows blank after Labor Day. Anyone have info if this will change? That they're every day until then looks like they're getting in as much as they can first, vs. SFFT with partial weeks but weekends+ into December. SFA is similar to GrAdv also. Of course, even parks showing more or less a full schedule are subject to change.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:16 am

I'm sure it will change, they're probably just still unsure about if they'll do Fright Fest or what their hours will be. Either way I don't anticipate the season ending after Labor Day.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby DarienPoint » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:58 am

They did send out a survey for Fright Fest a while back, so I'm sure they'll be open after Labor Day, it's just TBD on what they're gonna do.
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 125 || Parks: 19
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Candymonium | 8. Phoenix | 9. Nitro | 10. Behemoth

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bill_s » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:58 pm

Ain't nothin sure about nothin, but I appreciate the replies.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby jconsolmagno » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:35 am

bill_s wrote:The parks's schedule shows blank after Labor Day. Anyone have info if this will change? That they're every day until then looks like they're getting in as much as they can first, vs. SFFT with partial weeks but weekends+ into December. SFA is similar to GrAdv also. Of course, even parks showing more or less a full schedule are subject to change.

Six Flags St. Louis was actively promoting Fright Fest & Holiday In The Park on their show flyers (4 different shows on Sunday) that were dated over the past weekend.

I'd say that confirms to me, the chain is going to push ahead and do both events in some capacity.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!