Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:27 pm

I personally like the one with all the hills lined up on Toro best, but they're all great!
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Walibi Holland & Slagharen

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:21 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:I personally like the one with all the hills lined up on Toro best, but they're all great!

I love that shot too!! It really puts into perspective the difference in hill heights.
Bigger is not always better.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:40 pm

That first shot of El Toro is amazing! I've known you've had talent, but wow!
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby bill_s » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:52 am

Yeah they've really lightened up on their camera policy -- NOT. Yesterday they stopped the lift on Nitro and the whole ride, since they stopped loading as well. I hear "oh no it's broken" and I say loudly "probably someone with their phone out" and look behind me and a woman is holding her phone to her, not even using it at that moment. Maybe if she had immediately put it away they would have just started it back up. Instead, without saying anything over a PA that I could hear, they sent someone up to confiscate it while everyone involved waited.

Really crowded yesterday compared to past years same day deadness. Toro ran, but one train ops.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:57 am

bill_s wrote:Yeah they've really lightened up on their camera policy -- NOT. Yesterday they stopped the lift on Nitro and the whole ride, since they stopped loading as well. I hear "oh no it's broken" and I say loudly "probably someone with their phone out" and look behind me and a woman is holding her phone to her, not even using it at that moment. Maybe if she had immediately put it away they would have just started it back up. Instead, without saying anything over a PA that I could hear, they sent someone up to confiscate it while everyone involved waited.

Really crowded yesterday compared to past years same day deadness. Toro ran, but one train ops.

The camera policy to which he was referring was the fact that several years ago, the park was banning people from even bringing in any sort of standalone DSLR camera. And depending upon the day and the security guard, you could get any sort of reasoning for it, such as "no professional photography allowed", to "no interchangeable lenses", to "no lenses longer than three inches". This has no bearing whatsoever on phones with cameras, and of course doesn't change the fact that it's still against park policy to ride with phones out.

Also, even though I've seen those shots posted elsewhere on the net over the past few weeks (they really get spread around on the socials, no?), they are still some breathtaking photos. I still don't understand how those Toro hills lined up that perfectly.
That coaster dad [338] and that coaster kiddo [220]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. TMNT Shellraiser. Fury 325.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:48 am

This park has always looked long and hard at my digital camera, but they've always allowed it into the park.

The only issue I've had with photography was being told not to take pictures of a ride under construction by a security guard. I didn't climb a fence or anything. I just took a picture from a midway and was told, "There is a fence there. Can't you see we don't want you taking a photo of that?"
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Walibi Holland & Slagharen

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:55 pm

coneyislandchris wrote:
bill_s wrote:Also, even though I've seen those shots posted elsewhere on the net over the past few weeks (they really get spread around on the socials, no?), they are still some breathtaking photos. I still don't understand how those Toro hills lined up that perfectly.

Yeah. So many people have reposted the Toro hills and Wonder Woman/Batman shots. Some with my permission and I’m sure a ton without. I post them to Reddit, my coaster instagram and here because I genuinely enjoy taking these photos and I like the challenge of getting uncommon or unique angles you don’t see too often.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:29 am

Last edited by coasterbill on Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:29 am.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby pryonisys » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:45 am

^ Thank you. I look forward to checking it out on Sunday, it will be the first holiday event I've been to, and my first time at the park. A bit of a bummer that I won't be able to hit Kingda Ka and El Toro, but I'm happy that I'll have the opportunity to make it to the park at all.

Postby YoshiFan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:50 am

I noticed yesterday part of the path where Joy to the World will be was blocked off, It guess they were still setting up that section in it's new location this year.

Yesterday was one of the best visits to the park I have had in over a year. Even with many NJ schools in session I thought with the temperature reaching almost 70 degrees, NYC and Philadelphia school districts closed, bring a friend free and free admission for military there would be some crowds. The only rides that had more than a 5 minute wait were Kingda Ka and The Skyway. It was a lot of fun to just walk around the park knowing you can just walk onto almost any ride and in most cases re-ride as much as you wanted. Almost all food stands were open and it didn't look like any rides were closed except for breakdowns and the rides done for the season like the water rides.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!