Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby LegendLover » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:08 pm

To be honest, I prefer Kingda Ka more. They both feel pretty much the same to me. Really the line comes down for me that I generally love Six Flags parks more than Cedar Fair parks (please don't hurt me).

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby qwimjim » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:26 pm

B&MIntaminGCI wrote:Dragster SMOKES Kingda Ka in my opinion. The smoothness of Dragster combined with the lapbars makes it like 30x better. The ONLY thing Ka has is the initial take off feels a bit stronger on Ka than on Dragster, in my opinion.

lol, i rode dragster and ka from the front row 5 times each in the same week.. the difference in experience is so negligible to me. the theming, viewing area, and location in the park are considerably better on dragster. but as far as the actual ride experience? the launch, etc..? the launch on kk was better, there's no difference in "roughness" from the front row.. however the further you go back on kk the difference becomes very noticeable.. but you shouldn't be riding either from anywhere other than first row. and the infamous restraints... maybe if you're a really big person it could make a difference, but the OTSRs on KK don't ever touch my body and i'm 6' tall. so there was no difference there for me, i did not feel more restricted whatsoever.

the differences between these rides has been severely exaggerated, and i'd say claiming TTD is 30x better than KK is the most hyperbolic exaggeration i've yet to come across.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby dmh1079 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:36 pm

WolfBobs wrote:Now is it a dozen strippers per park, or does SF just send 12 for the whole chain? Asking for a friend...

Probably cloned strippers. All dressed like Harley Quinn.

I prefer Dragster over Ka. I felt like the launch on Ka was hesitant and not smooth. Felt like we were going to roll back for sure. Also, the aforementioned lap bars, theming, atmosphere of being in the center of the park
Top Ten: El Toro, Steel Vengeance, Intimidator 305, GhostRider, X2, Voyage, Fury 325, Maverick, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:47 pm

dmh1079 wrote:Probably cloned strippers. All dressed like Harley Quinn.

:lmao: :nina: :lmao:

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:50 pm

qwimjim wrote:
B&MIntaminGCI wrote:Dragster SMOKES Kingda Ka in my opinion. The smoothness of Dragster combined with the lapbars makes it like 30x better. The ONLY thing Ka has is the initial take off feels a bit stronger on Ka than on Dragster, in my opinion.

lol, i rode dragster and ka from the front row 5 times each in the same week.. the difference in experience is so negligible to me. the theming, viewing area, and location in the park are considerably better on dragster. but as far as the actual ride experience? the launch, etc..? the launch on kk was better, there's no difference in "roughness" from the front row.. however the further you go back on kk the difference becomes very noticeable.. but you shouldn't be riding either from anywhere other than first row. and the infamous restraints... maybe if you're a really big person it could make a difference, but the OTSRs on KK don't ever touch my body and i'm 6' tall. so there was no difference there for me, i did not feel more restricted whatsoever.

the differences between these rides has been severely exaggerated, and i'd say claiming TTD is 30x better than KK is the most hyperbolic exaggeration i've yet to come across.

I'm on Ka almost weekly and got to ride Dragster in July. Dragster was about as smooth as Nitro the whole ride, where as Ka is smooth during the slow parts. Ka has a vibration and shuffle in the front, not as bad as the back, but it's still there especially at the end of the launch track. Ka's trim kills any airtime you'd get, then the shuffling and almost "bounce" going into the 270 degree spiral which leads into a pot hole right before the pull up that feels pretty big.

Ka's launch is 0-128 in 3.5 seconds and Dragster's is 0-120 in 4 seconds. It's not much different after the initial take off, but I def get more a kick in the back from Ka than I did from Dragster.

Again, this is all subjective and can vary from person to person. It's just how I feel about the two. I still enjoy Kingda Ka quite a bit, but it could be way better.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby toomuchstereo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:00 pm

Has Ka always had the vibration?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:00 pm

Top Thrill Dragster is great. I do feel like the lapbars make it a little more pleasant, especially since a lot of the appeal is looking around for a second from absurdly high up.

Kingda Ka is great too. It's one of the best rides at Great Adventure, and the view from the top, while not the stunning beauty of Lake Erie, is pretty impressive all the same.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:18 pm

I've ridden Dragster all of once and Ka probably three or four dozen times? I rank Dragster much higher. I'm stoked to try it again very soon.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:32 pm

Superbatboy wrote:
RaceBoarder wrote:If it is indeed an RMC:

90% - Single Rail clone
10% - Unique Ground up construction

Seems about the likelihood, no?

I saw an interview with Alan Schilke where he stated RMC wanted to sell more raptor clones, but parks were requesting bigger models. And he said in fact the next one would not be a clone. So we'll see I guess..

This means nothing to SFGAdv unless you can prove which one is the next one. The next one might already be sold or planned.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:39 pm

B&MIntaminGCI wrote:I started going back to the park from a 9 year hiatus back in 2015 from 2007 but I heard they got backlash for teasing the hell out of El Diablo and it just being a Larson Loop. If that's true, I'm not sure they'd want to take that risk again, but who knows.

That's only part of it, they had the nerve to tell the masses it was a roller coaster also.
Last edited by larrygator on Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:06 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!