Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 23 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby KPfan » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:29 pm

I'm thinking more about the Two Face story. Complex duality could be his split personalities. Chance and fate are his obsession.

The creature in the trees could be a bat. So perhaps a reference to batman.

Perhaps dueling coasters. Batman vs. Two Face

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby KPfan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:34 am

Perhaps this could also be a dueling Intamin like the one that opened in China. I know folks want the Raptors but I'd argue that Intamins design would result in more riders per hour which is something that a busy park like SFGA would benefit from.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby shoesfather » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:47 am

Will any of the animal exhibits be open in late october?

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Xcelerator4 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:48 am

KPfan wrote:Perhaps this could also be a dueling Intamin like the one that opened in China. I know folks want the Raptors but I'd argue that Intamins design would result in more riders per hour which is something that a busy park like SFGA would benefit from.

While this addition would be something all of us would enjoy, looking at Six Flags' previous installations they side with manufacturers that they work with in bulk to deliver low to medium cost coasters such as the Premier launch models and S&S free spins and launched coasters. They haven't worked with Intamin since Green Lantern: First Flight at SFMM, and based on how well that turned out and the historically high cost of Intamin installations, as well as less of a focus on capacity even at large parks with the addition of coasters like the free spins and Maxx Force. As much as I'd love to see a new Intamin in the US, I suspect this is a Premier coaster similar to WCR or an RMC product of some sort.
Living for Intamin.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:03 pm

I'm leaning towards an S&S similar to Maxx Force, just based on Six Flags' pattern of ordering in bulk and S&S's recent photo they posted of new ride track that looked Maxx Force-ish.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Brassinthegrass » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:42 am

I agree with the WCR idea... it fits better into the line up. We don’t need another extreme launched ride, we need something more we’ll rounded for a family aspect of rides. Although us enthusiasts would love another intense launch, an opportunity to put a launched ride in the intensity line up between Bizzaro and day Superman is more in line with that is needed at the park.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:50 am

Brassinthegrass wrote:I agree with the WCR idea... it fits better into the line up. We don’t need another extreme launched ride, we need something more we’ll rounded for a family aspect of rides. Although us enthusiasts would love another intense launch, an opportunity to put a launched ride in the intensity line up between Bizzaro and day Superman is more in line with that is needed at the park.

Great Adventures would probably open before SFMM's! =)

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby 3Mutts » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:43 pm

Superbatboy wrote:I'm leaning towards an S&S similar to Maxx Force, just based on Six Flags' pattern of ordering in bulk and S&S's recent photo they posted of new ride track that looked Maxx Force-ish.

Maybe but then again S&S has alot of work in China as well so the track may be going there.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:12 pm

Clue #4:

8-21-2019 5-10-31 PM.jpg

Guess this confirms the rumors of Congo Rapids leaving! Maybe time to get your last rides in!

EDIT: Okay, actually, after giving it a quick thought, I think this refers to the Adventure Rivers section that left many years ago. I don't think this outright confirms Congo Rapids is leaving yet.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:47 pm

Riptide's footprint finally being utilized? It's clearly gonna be in that area of the park, just a matter of where exactly and how large.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!