Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 20 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:21 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Enjoy your Riddler themed scrambler. The house always wins.

:lmao: :lmao:

My wife just asked me what I was laughing about. I told her "Six Flags." She didn't have to ask any further questions.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:23 pm

^ That's the truth. :lol:

I Love Donkeys!

Postby SK4494 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:04 am

Watch it be a Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster clone. If you even count it as a coaster

Postby prozach626 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:17 am

I just found out about the Haunted Mansion incident... Wow. Is there anything on the land occupied by where the Haunted Mansion was, today? If it's where I think it was, I seem to remember just a patch of trees.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:32 am

SK4494 wrote:Watch it be a Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster clone. If you even count it as a coaster

This is SFGAdv. We don't play that game!
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:33 am

larrygator wrote:
SK4494 wrote:Watch it be a Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster clone. If you even count it as a coaster

This is SFGAdv. We don't play that game!

Looping Diablo says hi.

Postby larrygator » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:42 am

prozach626 wrote:I just found out about the Haunted Mansion incident... Wow. Is there anything on the land occupied by where the Haunted Mansion was, today? If it's where I think it was, I seem to remember just a patch of trees.

I believe it was along the path that that was frequently closed goes from the Big Wheel towards Justice League. It least I remember hearing stories of sounds coming from disabled speakers in that area at night.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:55 am

We finally made our first trip of the season to the park yesterday on our way back from an awesome weekend down in Wildwood. Was way more crowded for a Monday than I had expected, but manageable. The kiddo finally measured* up at 54" and he managed to get all the remaining major coasters here under his belt.

He actually enjoyed Green Lantern. I may have to disown him. The actual shocker though was that out of all the six 54" rides, his favorite was Superman: Ultimate Flight. He loved the sensation of flying (and it was a huge upgrade from the only other flying coaster he's done, that shitty Volare death trap that's at Rye Playland). He said the pretzel loop made him sick. "Like, you need to throw up sick?" No, just making his stomach feel funny. "Yeah, it'll do that to ya, buddy."

High point of the day? The literal high point of the park, top of Kingda Ka with the kiddo, as we got buzzed by a low flying commercial airliner. Getting launched up and seeing that thing pass over you super close was probably the coolest experience I've ever had on Ka and definitely made one hell of a memory for him.

Next best thing? Wonder Woman. I've rode a bunch of these Zamperla pendulums at this point but this might just be my favorite. The height and speed this thing gets is absolutely insane. It's gonna be a must-ride every single time for me. Meanwhile, as we were getting thrown back and forth on that, we unfortunately saw riders stopped in mid-air on Cyborg Cyber Spin. Yeah, we skipped that one. :D

We were in a hurry and didn't want to wait in line at ride access to get him measured up for a wristband, and that came back to bite us in the ass at both Twister and Nitro, where the height measurement sticks didn't match up with anything else throughout the day. Literally zero problems at any of the other major coasters, yet at Twister and Nitro, instead of bonking him on the head, it swished through his hair. We skipped Twister. Fought for Nitro, and got a good measurement using the stick at the ride exit instead of at the airgates, and thankfully a supervisor saw reason and let us on. Too bad we got the shaky train, he didn't end up liking it nearly as much as I had hyped it up for him. Oh well.

Overall though, with it being our first trip of the year, I'm not really in any hurry to get back. Honestly at this point the entire Six Flags experience is just kind of sour after going to more Cedar Fair parks and independent places like Knoebels and Morey's Piers. I'm sure I'll be back for Holiday in the Park, even though half of the park is closed it still feels like it's got more magic left in it, as opposed to a humid 90 degree day where we're just sweating around from ride to ride.
That coaster dad [335] and that coaster kiddo [212]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Copperhead Strike. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

Postby prozach626 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:09 am

It must have been really fun watching your kid ride all of the big rides.

As in an earlier TR, I feel the same way about SF. But, like you said, they really do shine during HITP. It's one of the things SF does really well.

Postby larrygator » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:11 am

^I still haven't made it to the park this year. And I have a season pass. Glad your son is tall enough for the big boy rides.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!