Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: Bing [Bot] and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com
User avatar
 
Posts: 815
Joined: 15 Aug 2012
Location: Depew, NY
Gender: Male
Age: 21

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby SbSteveZ » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:38 am

Probably a novice question, but one I’ve completely forgotten to ask, does this park have bins at most rides (minus the three earlier mentioned coasters I believe) for bags and cups what not? I know it varies from park to park. Darien Lake for example is much better in my opinion when I have a bag to store all my things in, whereas Cedar Point for example is a no bag park for me because of how many rides are “put it in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo or leave with a non rider”
Last Coaster: Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
150TH COASTER: The Riddler Revenge @ Six Flags New England
RIDE ON
Image

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 14851
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: The bar
Gender: Male
Age: 31

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:45 am

They have holders for souvenir cups, though they’re frequently stolen from the holders.

Bags are not allowed in the queue for any major coaster. Cell phones and keys are not allowed in line for Joker, El Toro or Kingda Ka.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!
 
Posts: 622
Joined: 26 Jan 2018
Location: Baltimore-Washington Area
Gender: Male
Age: 17

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby JG-77 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:51 am

Also ET and KK ban fanny packs too
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 14851
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: The bar
Gender: Male
Age: 31

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:01 am

Every place everywhere should ban fanny packs.

I own the website www.donkey.com
User avatar
 
Posts: 815
Joined: 15 Aug 2012
Location: Depew, NY
Gender: Male
Age: 21

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby SbSteveZ » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:42 am

coasterbill wrote:They have holders for souvenir cups, though they’re frequently stolen from the holders.

Bags are not allowed in the queue for any major coaster. Cell phones and keys are not allowed in line for Joker, El Toro or Kingda Ka.


Looks like its zippered pockets and fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo for me then!

One more question because I would hate to find out when we get there that I understood it wrong. Is the 50% off tickets for friends discount limited to one friend per visit? I feel like it has a limit of 4 but as I looked at it in member services it seems to refer to the discount in a singular fashion.

Honestly my hope is to get at least two of the three folks I'm bringing gold plus passes so that they arent always waiting for bring a friend days at our home park to go (plus fright fest, because they like that), but if I cant convince them to pay $7 a month, I'm sure they'd much rather pay $35 for a ticket over $70. Especially since we're going to be there for two days.
Last Coaster: Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
150TH COASTER: The Riddler Revenge @ Six Flags New England
RIDE ON
Image

Macaroni and Donkey
 
Posts: 56
Joined: 23 Feb 2018
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby Lemur » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:40 am

SbSteveZ wrote:One more question because I would hate to find out when we get there that I understood it wrong. Is the 50% off tickets for friends discount limited to one friend per visit? I feel like it has a limit of 4 but as I looked at it in member services it seems to refer to the discount in a singular fashion.


Are you referring to the Diamond Elite 50% discount? Because if so, the Terms and Conditions say it's unlimited use and may be used every time you visit.

I own the website www.donkey.com
User avatar
 
Posts: 815
Joined: 15 Aug 2012
Location: Depew, NY
Gender: Male
Age: 21

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby SbSteveZ » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:56 am

^ Indeed I am, but it also says "Why would you ever visit the park alone when you can bring your best friend for 50% off the adult general admission price EVERY time you visit?" and "Tell them you are a Diamond Elite Member and you have a friend with you who needs a ticket. They will sell you a regular, general admission ticket good for that day for 50% off the regular adult general admission price."

For me I'm reading into the emphasis on the singular "friend" and "ticket" - I was almost wondering if anyone had done it yet to know if it really is unlimited or if I'm correct in interpreting their language as "singular use per visit, but you can use it every visit"
Last Coaster: Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
150TH COASTER: The Riddler Revenge @ Six Flags New England
RIDE ON
Image

Macaroni and Donkey
 
Posts: 56
Joined: 23 Feb 2018
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby Lemur » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:18 am

SbSteveZ wrote:^ Indeed I am, but it also says "Why would you ever visit the park alone when you can bring your best friend for 50% off the adult general admission price EVERY time you visit?" and "Tell them you are a Diamond Elite Member and you have a friend with you who needs a ticket. They will sell you a regular, general admission ticket good for that day for 50% off the regular adult general admission price."

For me I'm reading into the emphasis on the singular "friend" and "ticket" - I was almost wondering if anyone had done it yet to know if it really is unlimited or if I'm correct in interpreting their language as "singular use per visit, but you can use it every visit"


That part is irrelevant, a cross between advertising and instructions. The Terms and Conditions are what's important. They say unlimited use, every visit. If you go on the desktop site, you can pre-purchase the discounted day tickets there, no need to even go to the booth. Once you get one in the cart, you can modify it to the amount you need.

I own the website www.donkey.com
User avatar
 
Posts: 815
Joined: 15 Aug 2012
Location: Depew, NY
Gender: Male
Age: 21

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby SbSteveZ » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:32 am

^ You mention being able to buy discounted tickets online but upon checking most all of the ticket page, the accesso pop up and the membership portal I see no reference to that at all. Do you have a link or helpful tip to get to that area of the website?
Last Coaster: Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
150TH COASTER: The Riddler Revenge @ Six Flags New England
RIDE ON
Image

Macaroni and Donkey
 
Posts: 56
Joined: 23 Feb 2018
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby Lemur » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:09 am

SbSteveZ wrote:^ You mention being able to buy discounted tickets online but upon checking most all of the ticket page, the accesso pop up and the membership portal I see no reference to that at all. Do you have a link or helpful tip to get to that area of the website?


It's on the Member Services Online page - https://mypass.sixflags.com/displaybenefits.aspx

Once you login here, it's under the Current & Future Benefits. Sort it so that it only brings up "Admissions" and to show those that are "Valid Today", "Within 2 Wks" and "After 2 Weeks" and it should list the discounted gate tickets belowall the BAFF coupons, using the same green icon as the BAFF coupons on the left, "50% Off Tickets for Friends" in the middle and the "Buy Online" link on the right.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: Bing [Bot] and 13 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron