Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1963: Wonder Woman : Lasso of Truth Media Day
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:44 pm

I’d bet the house on a weather closure tomorrow and I wouldn’t recommend that anyone make the trip.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:43 pm

^ 100% correct.

Jason Maier wrote:I am aware the forecast is calling for rain; but hopefully it won't be bad enough to force an early closure or shut down a bunch of rides :)

Its not a matter of whether its raining hard enough or not for them to close, its if people show up. When we went earlier this month it rained on and off all day but people were there. If its empty they're going to close, I guarantee it.

Screenshot_2018-12-30 Jackson, NJ Hourly Forecast Weather Underground.png

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/nj/jackson/date/2018-12-31?cm_ven=localwx_hour

The forecast calls for rain all day which means no one is going to show (especially considering today was so nice - and the place was mobbed, and Tuesday also looks good, so anyone thinking of going tomorrow will just go Tuesday instead). If you drive a long distance to go to Great Adventure tomorrow you're a fool. Tuesday is the move, see yall there.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:23 pm

Wowsers!

Change of plans, staying home then. I won't be able to make it up on New Year's Day; but I WILL make it back up there for 2019 Opening Weekend (I think somewhere in this thread, it's March 30th and 31st?)

Postby coasterbill » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:09 am

Fireworks have been moved to tomorrow.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:57 am

If that's not a giant red flag that an early closure is imminent today, then I don't know what is.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Indianapolis Zoo & John Ivers Backyard/Blue Flash

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bill_s » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:11 am

Light rain vs. a lot of people with 2 more days off, I wouldn't be so sure, they might just close a lot of stuff early and the park at 8 and sort of claim a full day. Making a big Drive is still risky.

Postby boldikus » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:31 pm

bill_s wrote:Light rain vs. a lot of people with 2 more days off, I wouldn't be so sure, they might just close a lot of stuff early and the park at 8 and sort of claim a full day.

:lol: :lol: Why would they do all that just to "claim a full day" when they can send everyone home and save a bunch of money since they're not making any anyway?

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:37 pm

Jason Maier wrote:Wowsers!

Change of plans, staying home then. I won't be able to make it up on New Year's Day; but I WILL make it back up there for 2019 Opening Weekend (I think somewhere in this thread, it's March 30th and 31st?)

Did you just say "Wowsers"?
The top 3: Twisted Timbers, El Toro, Volcano

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bill_s » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:47 pm

boldikus wrote:
bill_s wrote:Light rain vs. a lot of people with 2 more days off, I wouldn't be so sure, they might just close a lot of stuff early and the park at 8 and sort of claim a full day.

:lol: :lol: Why would they do all that just to "claim a full day" when they can send everyone home and save a bunch of money since they're not making any anyway?

They're closing at 6, which was posted when I checked their schedule at 5:30. That's a late enough that if anyone complains they can say they were open plenty where were you?

Postby boldikus » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:57 am

I've read that response like 8 times and I'm still not sure what point you're trying to make.

Anyways, its already freakishly warm and all the rain has passed, as long as the wind chills the f*ck out today is shaping up to be a great season finale on Six Flags Most Explosive Coaster™!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!