Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 16 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Meep Meep!

Re: Six Flags great Adventure - WHich day start of April?

Postby Lenaapple1974 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:09 pm

Just one more thing... :)

Last year, the first opening weeks were very cold. Both Nitro, and if I remember correctly, El Toro (maybe not El Toro) vallied. (Not too sure of the spelling/phrase). I heard they stopped running some of the rides because it was too cold. Hopefully, this will not be a problem this year. Check out the Six Flags Great Adventure thread from last April to double check. :) I definitely agree with the times. Do not listen to the wait times, and Superman/KK definitely have the worst wait times. Batman actually had long lines every time I went last year as well.

Most of all - HAVE FUN!! :)
Coaster Count - OMG...I completely lost count... How do you all do it?
Man, I really need to update my Photo TR from last year!! >:O
2012 - SoCal and everything I can cram into the week!
2013 - Back to Orlando!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The Six Flags Great Adventure (GADV) Discussion Thread

Postby Moose » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:04 pm

Bump!

Making a new Six Flags Great Adventure Discussion Thread.
I will be moving some past updates into this thread, but feel free to post questions, comments, suggestions, pictures, videos, reviews, etc. etc. into this thread.

Jon

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby CoasterPrince » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:34 pm

Finally! I love Great Adventures so much and now I can share all the small and big news Gadv offers. :b

Take pictures of my feet

Postby nay » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Woohoo, GAdv opening day is less than a month away! I'm considering going that day, even though last year it was a bit disappointing.

Cracka lacka licious

Re: Six Flags great Adventure - WHich day start of April?

Postby JEAPUgrad » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:12 pm

coasterkid495 wrote:And just a bit more information. Make sure your first two rides are Kingda Ka and Superman. they get the most crowed. El Toro and Bizarro usually don't get a crowed until noon I would give it take. And also DO NOT listen to the wait times, they are just there so you can wast money on a flash pass. They only work if they are only running one train, not two or three like they usually do. Hope I could help make your visit a Six Flags day.

I would give the exact opposite advice as the majority of the GP head in this direction when the park opens.

All of this, of course, is based off weekday visits.

I always head for Nitro and Dark Knight first, especially if you get there when the park opens.

I'll spend the entire first hour riding Nitro with nothing longer than a one train wait for anything but the front row. The ride crew on Nitro was lax last year and allowed you to stay on the ride if no one was coming aboard in your row however this not the case on every ride.

I'll hit Batman, Dark Knight, and Skull Mountain all before noon and take the skyride over the other side of the park. I'll hit Medusa/Bizzaro (whatever we're calling it this year) with much of the same conditions as Nitro, before hitting the Runaway Train and headed towards El Toro.

The GP crowd is usually finishing up their time on KK and ET by noon and people start thinking about lunch. Lunch time waits for El Toro are usually in the 20-40 minute wait period and I've never waited longer than thirty minutes for KK. KK's wait time sign usually says 60-120 minutes but I've never waited longer than thirty minutes with them launching all four trains.

I'll spend the rest of the afternoon hitting GASM, Superman and re-rides on El Toro and Bizarro usually getting out of the park before 3pm and getting ahead of rush hour traffic.

Hope this helps.

Postby YoshiFan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:29 pm

What rides were you not allowed to stay on for rerides? The only coaster I have seen them make you walk around and not stay on is for Blackbeard's Lost Treasure train but maybe it depends on the ride op?

nay wrote:Woohoo, GAdv opening day is less than a month away! I'm considering going that day, even though last year it was a bit disappointing.

I remember reading about opening day last year, sounded horrible but I guess that was because of the weather. I went on Sunday of opening weekend and it was much better. Little to no waits for all coasters, it was warmer out so it wasn't too cold for the log flume and all coasters except Nitro and Bizarro were open.

I'm still undecided about what day to go, I am thinking Sunday might be less crowded so I might just go that day again.

Cracka lacka licious

Postby JEAPUgrad » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:42 pm

^Crews at Bizarro, Runaway Mine Train whatever, Skull Mountain, and Batman all did not allow re-rides based on my three visits to the park last year.

Postby YoshiFan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:04 pm

That's really strange they would be inconsistent like that, I got re-rides on all of those multiple times last year from the beginning of the season all the way to my last visit at the end of October. At Batman, they were even encouraging re-rides. Hopefully this season, everyone will allow re-rides. At Dorney they make you walk around all the time, no exceptions and it is such a waste of time to exit the station, walk through the empty queue and wait for the next train.

Thought "Laser Snake Horse" was real.

Postby Speeddeamon128 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:25 pm

It looks like I won't be going back to GADV until either the end of April or June since I'm down here in Orlando now. The biggest coaster park is BGA about an hour away. I do miss the coasters & parks up north. Oh well I can't complain since I can ride Disney, Universal, & Sea World rides anytime all year now :p Have fun opening day everyone who is going hope the weather is good for you.

TPR's Friendliest Guy

Postby Big Mike » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:02 pm

Bamboozle Tour hits Six Flags Great Adventure Thursday June 24th.

Performing:

All Time Low
Boys Like Girls
LMFAO
Third Eye Blind
Forever the Sickest Kids
Good Charlotte
Simple Plan
Cady Groves
Great Big Planes
Mercy Mercedes
Stereo Skyline
The Ready Set
Vedera
Vita Chambers

Exclusive Season Pass Holders Pre Sale on NOW until Friday March 5th at 9am.

General Public Presale is Friday March 5th at 10am.

Season Passholders password is "88YJ8JQ6G7"

Peace, Big Mike

ONLY 22 COASTERS LEFT IN THE USA TO RIDE!!!

COASTERS RIDDEN: 1,309

PARKS VISITED: 447

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!