Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:33 am

I for one am surprised we're rehashing this discussion once again (for the 73rd time).

No they don't wand you, no they don't pat you down, they just yell about the policy while entering the queue and tell you to put everything in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo. (Hey that rhymes!) If they see you with a phone out in the queue or station they'll tell you to go put it in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo and get back in line. It's the policy for Toro, Ka, and Joker, and no, it is not new - they've been doing it since the weekend after opening back in April of this year. Any other rides at the park you can keep your loose articles in a zippered pocket.

As far as people not going to the park over this policy, I find it hilarious. I mean... it's a dollar. One. Dollar. I agree it should be free but avoiding ANY theme park over one dollar? That's hysterical.

Not to mention - it is a safety issue. Insurance carriers are a bitch and are likely the reason behind this. The park has had multiple lawsuits filed over injuries just at El Toro. People have lost teeth. Yes that has nothing to do with whether or not it should cost a dollar or be free but at a Six Flags is anyone really surprised they've used this as an opportunity to make some cash? They do it with absolutely everything at their parks - give away the gate, overcharge for everything inside. That's like their thing. If people want to bitch about something bitch about sue-happy America, and the dozens of idiots that took their phones out on the ride and ruined it for the rest of us.

While you're complaining about a dollar I'll be riding the best wooden coaster on earth while not worrying that my phone is going to be broken.

*This isn't necessarily directed to the posters above me, just to anyone yapping about this policy 6 months after the park implemented it. I feel like its suddenly a hot topic all over the web, all over again for some reason the last few days.
Last edited by boldikus on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:49 am.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:06 am

^ :nina: :nina: :nina: :nina: :nina: :nina: :nina:
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:04 am

It's honestly not that big of a deal. It's $1, that is all. I easily spend 50x that on fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo at Kings Island each season, if not more. While it would be nice to have bins in the station for free, that doesn't gain profit for the park. I'd much rather pay $1 for a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo than $900 for a new phone. :roll:
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Keetz » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:52 am

Diamondbacker27 wrote:It's honestly not that big of a deal. It's $1, that is all. I easily spend 50x that on fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo at Kings Island each season, if not more. While it would be nice to have bins in the station for free, that doesn't gain profit for the park. I'd much rather pay $1 for a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo than $900 for a new phone. :roll:

See now what you said right here makes too much sense. Spending $1 to protect a $500+ product while you ride one of the best wooden coasters in the world is too logical and clearly Six Flags is the devil.

Granted, I usually travel light at Theme parks. At GADV I even leave my phone in the car to avoid the El Toro situation so I can get as many rides as possible. I know where my priorities stand.
| Lightning Rod | Skyrush | El Toro | Intimidator 305 | Maverick |

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:40 am

Yeah, I made a big fuss about it at first but now I'm used to it and it really isn't a big deal. Granted I've never had to deal with the no phone during a long line, but I'd most LIKELY either skip it or be with my friends anyways so it shouldn't be TOO terrible if I didn't have my phone.

Plus now we get the $8 dollar fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo because it's all day and you can move it around the whole park and it's so nice to not have to worry on ANY ride that your phone or wallet (funny story in a second) is going to fall out.

Okay, funny story. I have a metal card wallet (I usually never have cash except emergency tucked into my phone case) so you click a little lever on the bottom and it pushes the cards up and fans them out for you.

So I was on Nitro last year with it in my backpocket, and during the final bunny hops I felt it come out of my back pocket and I immediately filled with dread because everything is in there, got back to the station and luck was on my side because it flew up my shirt instead of off the ride and was sitting on the seat when I got up.

I now take literally NOTHING with me on rides

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:19 pm

Sorry I started this. I honestly had no idea.

I was not meaning to bitch if it came off that way.

I do not mind the policy. I just a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo and then go to multiple rides. SFNE had a set up where you could use them all day and move from place to place throughout the park for once price. I like that too.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby MisterBrow » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:41 pm

I wish they had it set up so you could scan your season pass and open a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo.
Meister Brau just wants a path from CC to SM at SFA, meal plan burrito, some shade, and a restroom back there.

2019- Macho Nacho CHECK Restroom by Super CHECK!
New wish: New trains on ME

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:33 am

MisterBrow wrote:I wish they had it set up so you could scan your season pass and open a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo.

That would be awesome. With the success of Disney's magic bands, I would not be surprised if they were not working on their version. Same with Cedar Fair.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby tarmeleon » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:01 pm

Question for those regular GAdv attendees: how crowded would you estimate the park will be this Saturday? Thinking about heading down there.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Chasehat » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:34 pm

tarmeleon wrote:Question for those regular GAdv attendees: how crowded would you estimate the park will be this Saturday? Thinking about heading down there.

Stay home.
Top 10 coasters
1. El Toro 2. Superman (SFNE) 3. Steel Vengance
4. Skyrush 5. Maverick 6. Millennium Force
7. Wicked Cyclone 8. Storm Chaser
9. Boulder Dash 10. Fury 325

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!