Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:17 am

I really don't want to be punished for other people's stupidity. I understand that sometimes that's just how the world works but I feel like this is completely overkill. I'd much rather they make the punishment much more severe for people taking their phones out on rides (because let's be honest, that's what this is really about) and actually enforce the rules they put in place.

Every time they stop a ride for a cell phone, I see security meet them at the exit, talk to them and then let them off with a warning. If you're that concerned you should really try enforcing the rules you've already put in place before you put stupid policies in place that operate on the honor system and will only have an impact on people that were already following the rules and weren't the problem anyway. If you're enough of a dumbass that you'll whip your phone out on Kingda Ka then you're not concerned with the rules anyway and will have no issue lying to security.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:44 am

The Yeti wrote:^I'm not all that surprised to be honest. So many people lose their phones, sunglasses, and other items on El Toro. Last week, while waiting in line, I saw someone's phone fly out of their pocket and shatter on the track below. That just doesn't seem too safe being that it landed 10 feet from the queue line. Although keeping items in a zippered pocket would prevent that from happening, I just don't think the park wants to take those chances anymore.

Also while waiting in line for El Toro last week, I saw someone - excuse me - I saw some dumbass throw their hat off at the top of Kingda Ka. I hope they looked cool when they got kicked out of the park.

And yesterday at Six Flags America, I saw someone's wallet and keys fly out of their jacket pockets on Superman: Ride of Steel, and heard someone lost their glasses on
Mind Eraser.

Me personally, I have my wallet attached to a chain on my belt loop and my keys in my pocket deep (though I do take my stuff out of my pockets for Batwing and Mind
Eraser).

And someone tossing their hat off of KK . . . ?

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Satans Hockey » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:58 am

I agree with coasterbill, start actually throwing people out and people might start getting the message more. Unless they are using wands or metal detectors I'll just be responding with no when they ask if I have anything in my pockets since I put my stuff in zippered pockets and have never had an issue. I still can't imagine what this would be like on a bring a friend free day when the lines are ridiculous. There won't be enough fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo for everyone to even use.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:06 am

^Another good reason to get rid of BAFF days.

But coasterbill pretty much summed it up for me also.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby DILinator » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:27 am

coasterbill wrote:I really don't want to be punished for other people's stupidity. I understand that sometimes that's just how the world works but I feel like this is completely overkill. I'd much rather they make the punishment much more severe for people taking their phones out on rides (because let's be honest, that's what this is really about) and actually enforce the rules they put in place.

Every time they stop a ride for a cell phone, I see security meet them at the exit, talk to them and then let them off with a warning. If you're that concerned you should really try enforcing the rules you've already put in place before you put stupid policies in place that operate on the honor system and will only have an impact on people that were already following the rules and weren't the problem anyway. If you're enough of a dumbass that you'll whip your phone out on Kingda Ka then you're not concerned with the rules anyway and will have no issue lying to security.

:nina:

I'm actually going to SF:GAdv this year, and I was going to elaborate on how I'll be handling myself, but I think I'll just leave it at what Bill said for now! :lol:

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:14 pm

That rule doesn't make any sense. I need my phone with me because sometimes I split up from my group and need to keep them updated at how long I'm going to be, where I'm at in line and more. I also can't imagine the rule lasting very long with all the complaints they'll be getting from the GP once the summer season starts to roll around. :roll:

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby RaceBoarder » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:34 pm

coasterbill wrote:I really don't want to be punished for other people's stupidity. I understand that sometimes that's just how the world works but I feel like this is completely overkill. I'd much rather they make the punishment much more severe for people taking their phones out on rides (because let's be honest, that's what this is really about) and actually enforce the rules they put in place.

Honestly, it's cause when someone is "kicked out" of a park, odds are they won't be coming back for a long, long time. They will view Six Flags in a very negative light and will share that opinion with others. Six Flags doesn't want to take the PR hit...

It's no different then going into a retail store and basically being able to get away with murder if you threaten to call the "Corporate Office" and lodge a complaint. Same line of thought.

Postby coasterbill » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:56 pm

Good. If this new policy is really because you're concerned about safety and not because you just want to sell more fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo then you shouldn't want people who break the rules coming back to the park.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Satans Hockey » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:01 pm

RaceBoarder wrote:

Honestly, it's cause when someone is "kicked out" of a park, odds are they won't be coming back for a long, long time. They will view Six Flags in a very negative light and will share that opinion with others. Six Flags doesn't want to take the PR hit...

It's no different then going into a retail store and basically being able to get away with murder if you threaten to call the "Corporate Office" and lodge a complaint. Same line of thought.

I think kicking out people for endangering others makes them look good in the PR department. At least it does to me.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:12 pm

RaceBoarder wrote:Honestly, it's cause when someone is "kicked out" of a park, odds are they won't be coming back for a long, long time. They will view Six Flags in a very negative light and will share that opinion with others. Six Flags doesn't want to take the PR hit...

I can see this as PR hit too. No one, especially if they're alone, is going to want to stand in line without their phone, and we all know of these families with attitudes that will have no issue raising hell because they're told to get out of line because they have their phone in line with them. I can see it becoming a big issue.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!