Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: jynx242 and 44 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby TBpony414 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:00 pm

^Great TR of opening day!! There's nothing better than hanging out at a park with friends on a low crowd day. Glad to see you finally made it on SORA! Every safari is different and sometimes the animals are all walking right up next to the vehicle. I won't get up to ride El Toro for another two months and it's killing me! Unrelated - I was in Philly all this weekend for the first time in about 15 years. Nice city you got there, everyone was super nice!

Does anyone know how I can access a link to buy the GAdv lunch and a snack only deal dining pass? We had that last year and have been waiting months for the lunch deal to come out so we can add it to the 2017 passes. Someone a page back got the email for it but I only seem to get Magic Mountain emails, even though my home park (and the park my passes have been through for many years) is GAdv. I logged into the Six Flags season pass area and it's not popping up there or anywhere else on the site that I can find. Last year the lunch special was time sensitive. Help, please!
Last edited by TBpony414 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:02 pm.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby YoungPup » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:02 pm

Doesn't the park have a two drink limit? How'd you get 3?

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:54 pm

Thanks for the kind words everybody. It was a great day!

YoungPup wrote:Doesn't the park have a two drink limit? How'd you get 3?

Source? I've never heard of a two drink limit. I know you can only buy one beer per person per establishment at a time and they card you each time even once you get your 21+ wristband. How on earth would they enforce a two drink limit when there are more than a half dozen places all over the park that sell beer/booze? I bought my three drinks at three different places. How would one place know I got a drink from somewhere else already unless I was visibly intoxicated?

larrygator wrote:you rejects

:lol: :lol:

Larry, I had no problem with the dining pass at either Macho, we ate at both of them.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:11 pm

Glad opening day was fun for those that went (I'm assuming too cold/windy for Zumanjaro)

And how was JL: BFM construction progressing?

Postby boldikus » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:44 am

^ Well, considering it's just a box and all we'd be able to see is the outside, which would give us absolutely no indication of how the construction is progressing, we didn't bother going over there. We could see it from Nitros lift, and also from the Skyway. Its the big gray box on the right side of this picture:

boldikus wrote:Image

Coincidentally, Great Adventure Online did get a fairly extensive tour of the interior construction on Saturday and posted a bunch of photos on their FB page here.

And no idea about Zum, we never got a straight answer. I've gotten used to a ride or two being down on opening day so while I would have liked to ride, it didn't really affect our day as you can see.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Physical » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:57 am

Overall it seems like a pretty good opening weekend.

I was out at the park with SkyToro and another buddy of ours, light crowds most of the day, got to ride pretty much everything we wanted to, except Superman, but that's a story for later.

Toro was running surprisingly well, but it was pretty warm yesterday. We ended up waiting in a 15 minute queue for Ka for just over an hour, due to multiple breakdowns. It seemed like they'd go down for 10 minutes, come back up, send one train, then go down for another 10 minutes. Really... strange maintenance procedure if you ask me. No test trains, just "It's up get on and go"

After that we decided to hit up Superman, which was just reopening as we approached the queue. We get most of the way through the queue and boom, stopped on the lift. We're like "Ok can't take that long, and the queue is emptying out, this won't be too bad." queue another hour in the station. Seemed there were multiple problems, my favorate of which was a garbage can in the maintenance shed catching on fire somehow. The Six Flags Fire Department (because of course that's a thing) was there and everything. After waiting just over an hour we decided it wasn't worth it, walked down the stairs, and just our luck, ride goes back up as we exit through the flash pass queue.

Other than early season teething problems, we had a pretty awesome day.
Former Dorney Park ride operator - 2015 season - Demon Drop | Card carrying member of Flyers Addicts Anonymous
Steel: 102, Wood: 33, Total: 135, Parks: 17, Favorite Park: Knoebels
Love List: (Steel) Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Maverick, Afterburn | (Wood) Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Lightning Rod, El Toro, Thunderhead | (Flats) Flyers, Power Surge, Top Spin

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:05 am

Jason Maier wrote:Glad opening day was fun for those that went (I'm assuming too cold/windy for Zumanjaro)

Nah, it's just an unreliable piece of crap. It wasn't that cold and wind wasn't an issue since Skyway ran all day.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby nitoro » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:25 am

Great recap of a fun day Joey! It was a blast hanging out with everyone.

It was sad to see the Joker down though. Danny pointed out on the skyride that it looked like they were putting more fins on the ride, so maybe they will be making the ride spin even crazier this season. That would be insane, since I feel that the Joker is already a crazy experience.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby I Like Theme Parks. » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:33 am

I went to the park yesterday with some friends who aren't enthusiasts, so it wasn't a ride-centered day like Saturday, especially since it was surprisingly crowded, even considering how nice the weather was. More rides were having issues than yesterday, but still okay for opening weekend. Like Saturday, the ride operations were generally decent (great for Six Flags standards). The employees at the metal detectors/front gate and people running the restaurants seemed a bit slow, even for opening weekend. But we had a great time. Rides:

El Toro - Second-to-last row. This was one of the best rides I've ever had on it! The lap bar was pretty loose, it was hauling ass, and it's still so smooth. Still the best coaster ever!
Bizarro - Back row. Seriously, this thing is running so well and kick-ass so far this season!
Runaway Mine Train - First row of the back car.
Sky Ride
Batman: The Ride - Back row, right seat. WOW! This lap on it really got me good!
Nitro - Second-to-last row. Great ride on it.
The Dark Knight - My friends wanted to go on it. It's fine.
Sky Screamer

Oh yeah, we also saw the lion cubs!!! :lover:
Top 3 Parks: Knoebels, Dollywood, Cedar Point
Top 3 Steel Coasters: Steel Vengeance, Phantom's Revenge, Skyrush
Top 3 Wood Coasters: Voyage, Lightning Rod, El Toro
Top 3 Flat Rides: Knoebels Flyers, Zipper, It
185 coasters

Postby boldikus » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:36 am

^ The lion cubs are so cute!

^^ Nice to meet you Matt!

After hearing what the crowds were like Sunday here and elsewhere I am more than satisfied with our decision to go Saturday. Even the waits for food/beer were minimal or non-existent. Enthusiasts: NEVER let the "chance of rain" stop you from going to a park. I always say it - those are the BEST days.

I really needed that after the short off season, was such a nice day of hanging with amigos. Having a very busy but stress free Monday after getting all that lovely airtime this weekend.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!