Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
2 + 2 = donkey!

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby Physical » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:36 am

El Toro_Ryan wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:I know cold temps and wind (more the second) can cause coasters to valley, but I'm still amazed El Toro can valley considering how much that thing hauls when I've ridden it. When it valleys, is it typically on those two small humps returning to the brake run?

Toro has actually been running extremely well this preseason, even in colder temperatures so hopefully we won't see any saddles this season ;)

(The first run of the season may or may not have occurred when it was 39 degrees out and the train may or may not have flown through the course haha I'll say that.)

And yes it typically saddles on the last hill into the brake run. It's taller than the two small humps before it so it's the highest hill following the Rolling Thunder Hill. Intamin purposely made the last hill so tall so that the train would slow down naturally into the brakes.

Can't wait to see everyone on Saturday!

We'll be there on Sunday for our first visit, glad to hear you're still at Toro.
Former Dorney Park ride operator - 2015 season - Demon Drop | Card carrying member of Flyers Addicts Anonymous
Steel: 102, Wood: 33, Total: 135, Parks: 17, Favorite Park: Knoebels
Love List: (Steel) Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Maverick, Afterburn | (Wood) Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Lightning Rod, El Toro, Thunderhead | (Flats) Flyers, Power Surge, Top Spin

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:13 am

El Toro_Ryan wrote:Toro has actually been running extremely well this preseason, even in colder temperatures so hopefully we won't see any saddles this season ;)

Great to hear! Can't wait to get the first rides of the season in.

My wife's plans for tomorrow may possibly be falling through. If that ends up being the case I'm lobbying hardcore to move up the GA run to tomorrow since we'll be "free". Fingers crossed.
That coaster dad [336] and that coaster kiddo [218]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby BigBad » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:35 pm

I got an email about a pretty terrific meal deal: $44.99 for a lunch and a snack every day of the season. I was about to jump on it until I realized that my expectation of when I'll be at the park a lot is around Christmas when I'm there at night and would not be eligible for a "lunch". Would I be able to get that pass to be dinner and a snack? (Dinner is the same meal and thus price, just later in the day.) If not, would the late hours of Holiday in the Park or the Halloween events mean that the "lunch" hours are pushed back?

Regardless, I expect to be there for opening day. Is there a plan to meet up?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JRice92 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:18 am

There's a healthy crowd here getting ready for opening! You can't miss me in my blue Millennium Force Crew Hoodie
IMG_7477.JPG
2015 Ride Host - Millennium Force
2016 Team Leader - Millennium Force
2017 Ride Supervisor - Valravn
2018 Ride Supervisor - Top Thrill Dragster

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:26 am

At the park now, there is a tarp over the station of Joker with a crane and no trains on the track.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:39 am

And I thought I was unlucky for missing Joker in my 3 visits last year. Seems like that ride is never open.

I'm jealous your Six Flags opened a week earlier than New England's. Granted we did have a Nor'Easter this weekend so it'd be doubtful they could open anyway. Just one more week I have to wait.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Gardaland & Mirabilandia

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Genx24 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:25 pm

Was at the park today for a couple of hours. I was on the first Nitro train of the season, which I thought was pretty neat. It was great to finally get back on a coaster. Here's to a great season!
Total Coasters: 140

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby I Like Theme Parks. » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:28 pm

I was at the park from around 4:30 to 7. I was actually going on rides for 2 hours, then I had Johnny Rocket's and left. It was a really good time. The operations were actually pretty fast for the first weekend of the season. The crowds were very manageable. The longest I waited was 10 minutes for El Toro, and every other line I waited on was a walk-on or a few trains. I'm going back tomorrow, but I'm going to be there at opening. This seems like a promising season so far! Rides:

Twister
Superman: Ultimate Flight - Back row. Seriously, this thing still looks like a dilapidated chinese knockoff. Really nice ride as always though.
El Diablo
El Toro - Second-to-last row. Running great.
Bizarro - Front row. It's running really smoothly compared to last season. And thank god there were only two trains!
Runaway Train - Front row.
Skyride - This was the first time I actually ever rode it. I should use more. It's actually really convenient. I'm not obsessed with it, but I do see how it could appeal to certain people here.
Skull Mountain x 2 - Second-to-last row twice without getting up. It doesn't have all the effects going yet, and there was a huge light pointing towards a wall of insulation. Spooky! Great drop as always and good twistiness.
Nitro - Back row.
Batman: The Ride - Back row.
Top 3 Parks: Knoebels, Dollywood, Cedar Point
Top 3 Steel Coasters: Steel Vengeance, Phantom's Revenge, Skyrush
Top 3 Wood Coasters: Voyage, Lightning Rod, El Toro
Top 3 Flat Rides: Knoebels Flyers, Zipper, It
185 coasters

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:01 am

I Like Theme Parks. wrote:Skyride - This was the first time I actually ever rode it. I should use more. It's actually really convenient. I'm not obsessed with it, but I do see how it could appeal to certain people here.

Who would be obsessed over a sky--- oh, right. Quick, out of the thread!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:02 am

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol:

To be fair, when that photo was taken the Sky Ride was clearly the better ride.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!