Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 20 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby larrygator » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 pm

coasterbill wrote:
sfriday1998 wrote:^^ Still haven't gotten a single standup credit. Is that bad?

Trust me, you're better off that way.

coasterbill wrote:Enthusiasts are complete bitches so it's probably best to ignore the people who think it's rough until you ride it for yourself.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:13 pm

^
tumblr_mzl1v8Idq81sia4voo1_250.gif

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:36 pm

Although it wasn't as crowded as last Saturday, there were still a lot of people in the park today. Other than Superman and the Skyway, I don't think anything was more than 20 minutes. Food lines were much better today as well with more windows open. I only waited 10 minutes to get dinner and a few minutes for a snack on the way out of the park.

Operations were really good too. Batman was dispatching trains ridiculously fast, when I was on the lift hill of Nitro there was a Batman train getting to the brake run and by the time the Nitro train got to the final hills, another Batman train was getting to the brake run. Even though Superman only had 2 people checking restraints compared to 4 last week, they were almost running to check the restraints.

Postby boldikus » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:38 am

Seems from reports from various people the place was pretty freakin dead this past weekend. Heading up Saturday and hope its like that again cause I can FINALLY RIDE COASTERS ON MY F*CKING BIRTHDAY!!!

crazy-kid-birthday-gif.gif

Forecasts are currently sunny and high of 50 warm enough to fire up those B&Ms! I'll take it.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby El Toro_Ryan » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:09 pm

This is going back to a discussion from a few weeks ago but I just found out Bizarro did one million riders this year. I just find it funny because Rougarou which has way better operations did not hit one million.
#ThroughputAddict (I need rehab). YOUTUBE PAGE: http://www.youtube.com/c/ElToroRyan

2014: El Toro Team Member
2015: Kingda Ka Team Member
2016: El Toro Unit Supervisor
2017: El Toro Unit Supervisor (Month of April) and Random Team Member when I felt like working (August thru December)
2018: Millennium Force Ride Host (Halloweekends)
2019: uhhh ... YouTube

Credit Count: 500

Postby boldikus » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:22 pm

Postby coasterbill » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:22 pm

I'm blown away by that to be honest. Rougarou has much better operations and while they lost Early Entry and Halloweekends Fridays I'm still surprised that Bizarro did more riders than Rougarou. I dorked out a little on this but assuming I counted right, Bizarro had 163 operating days between opening day and the end of Fright Fest when it closed for the season while Raougarou only had 133 (I took out Halloweekends Fridays) so I guess that explains it.

Popularity plays a role too but that may be a wash as both rides are sort of in the same boat. They're both moderately popular but rarely have long lines unless the park is really busy and even then the lines don't usually build up until the afternoon so they both send trains with a lot of empty seats.

Postby Superbatboy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:50 pm

I guess a million people didn't want their heads put into a blender and set to puree :lol:
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby eugjackson » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:58 pm

El Toro_Ryan wrote:This is going back to a discussion from a few weeks ago but I just found out Bizarro did one million riders this year. I just find it funny because Rougarou which has way better operations did not hit one million.

From what release of ridership numbers are you getting Bizarro did 1M and Rougarou didn't? Sounds crazy since Bizarro is a walk on to 5 to 10 minute wait in the middle of summer. The trains leave half empty most days I have been. Also, Mantis did 925K(official CP release numbers) it's last year and the conversion to Rougarou has increased it's popularity. Let's just say I'm highly highly skeptical.

Postby boldikus » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:59 pm

eugjackson wrote:
El Toro_Ryan wrote:This is going back to a discussion from a few weeks ago but I just found out Bizarro did one million riders this year. I just find it funny because Rougarou which has way better operations did not hit one million.

From what release of ridership numbers are you getting Bizarro did 1M and Rougarou didn't? Sounds crazy since Bizarro is a walk on to 5 to 10 minute wait in the middle of summer. The trains leave half empty most days I have been. Also, Mantis did 925K(official CP release numbers) it's last year and the conversion to Rougarou has increased it's popularity. Let's just say I'm highly highly skeptical.

Back up homie, he works at the park.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!