Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby disneylanddork50 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:34 pm

this should be a great addition. I agree, parks have caught on to the Disney idea of add music and new effects and wham bam you have a new ride. This should be a great *new* ride, can't wait to see some concept art!
If only Cinderella was single . . . . . Must. . . Kill . . . . Prince . . . Charming ! ! ! :devil:
http://www.myspace.com/rollercoaster_surferboy

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:39 pm

Elissa, Screamscape said that Hurricane Harbor might get a new slide next year, so this might not be the only thing coming next year.

It is great that Six Flags is doing these ride makeovers, and it shows they won't just let them rust away. I like how it says it is a popular ride, when from what I know, it has had little to no line the past few years. Because of that, a makeover like this is just what the ride needs to get people riding it again. These "new" rides are a cheap way to possibly increase attendance without breaking the bank. If it gets a new name, I'm guessing it will be Goliath.

I wonder if something like this will happen to Iron Wolf at Six Flags Great America soon, because it has been rumored for the past few years that it will get new trains from B&M and a new paint job.

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:44 pm

Me thinks something along the lines of Medusa's Revenge. I wonder if SFDK is next...

I think the Title Fairy is a virgin

Postby Kalepi_Konei » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:53 pm

^ Medusa has no revenge she was killed by Perseus plain and simple.

Anyways... this sounds pretty kick ass! :br Can't wait for concept art.

Final Destination Guy!

Postby Goliath513 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:25 pm

Looks like they won't be getting that dive machine next year afterall. :(
lil jimmy norton wrote:
Team Thriller wrote:Could this also happen at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom's Medusa? :roll:

--James

GADV's was in need of a makeover. The ride was getting a bit rough, and it needed painting. If Discovery Kingdom's Medusa is in bad shape, then it might be possible.

SFDK's Medusa is in great shape and is the LAST "older" ride I would think of in need of a make over. It's still running as smooth and fast as ever! One of the few B&M's I've ridden with an ideal balance between smoothness, forcefulness, and thrill. Besides, SFDK's Medusa just got a new paint job this for this year, so I don't see any change coming to it anytime soon.

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:30 pm

So I guess that's it for the Medusa name too, seeing how it's going to be rethemed and all.
-Sean C.

FORMER DISNEYLAND ATTRACTION OP

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby holyblakbelt » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:00 pm

Kalepi_Konei wrote:^ Medusa has no revenge she was killed by Perseus plain and simple.

Anyways... this sounds pretty kick a$$! :br Can't wait for concept art.

What about Medusa the Zombie? She could've awakened from a tomb, or a graveyard or something.

Anyways, sounds like a good rehab for the ride.
Hanowski for Hobey 2012-13!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby JoshAbelsonXiii » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:03 pm

Wow! This is great news to me! I can imagine how cool it would be to have these extra-crazy stuff on some old rides or any ride really.

ADMIN EDIT: Link removed. The videos contain onride footage that is not allowed by the park.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:45 pm

Im so happy for this. It's about time this ride gets some love, it has been rusting away for some time in the back of the park. It is one of my favorite rides in the park. I can't wait to see what they add.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

I pee in space

Postby spacemtfan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:01 pm

I'm glad that music is now from "being an optional cool feature" to "you have to have it on every coaster". Really, music really enhances a ride. I mean, what would Rock 'n' Roller Coaster be without any rock music? Music adds to the overall experience of a roller coaster.

For me in my earlier coaster days, music is what got me on Space Mountain and California Screamin'. I would listen to the audio from YouTube or from one of the Disneyland CDs. The fast-paced music would pump me up and then the coaster becomes a favorite to me.

2009 is going to be a great year for roller coaster everywhere.

First, Terminator is coming to Six Flags Magic Mountain. It will be a GCI wooden roller coaster replacing Psyclone. The ride will be smooth and it will have a sound system. This already sounds 10x better than Psyclone. Then, Superman: Ride of Steel at SFNE will be getting a revamp and a new coat of paint. It will also have a sound system and FIRE! :angry: And now, Medusa is getting a makeover with audio.

That pretty much means that almost every kind of roller coaster is now being fitted with a sound system. Now...if only we can get a B&M inverted coaster to have onboard audio...

---space "roller coaster music is cool" mtfan

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!