Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Been Around The World And Realized Only Stupid People Are Breeding"

Postby packfanlv » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:51 pm

I think its great to see that they are trying to come up with creative ways to make the attractions they already have better. Lets hope that with the stock so low right now that the company survives, since the management seems to be doing a great job IMO. Now if they could only plant some grass underneath Scream at SFMM!
I write about how to travel the world for pennies on the dollar at Miles To Memories!

nagro5 tastes like poo-poo.

Postby nagro5 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:54 pm

Are they going to name it Medusa2? :Pr
Total Coasters: 200 (167 steel, 33 wood)
Total Parks: 34

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby coolhandluke » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:55 pm

Awesome. Something like this was alluded to earlier when the "Spider of Doom" visited the ride. Screamscape actually called this, but then blew it off:

Still, this has led to some speculation that perhaps Medusa might get a X2 style facelift, adding a soundtrack and special effects. According to Screamscape sources however, this is not the case at all and simply a case of people with “too much time on their hands.”

I'm wondering what all the new transformation will entail. It said the Greek Mythology theme is leaving, so new name as well? This could essentially be a brand new coaster to the GP (if they fail to see the X-->X2 change...)

I'm glad my trip up there in September fell through! Can't wait for next year!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:56 pm

Hey, Disney has done stuff like this for years, it's about time the other parks finally caught on!

"Hey, let's add music to this ride and completely relaunch it"

That being said, it's a bit of a bummer if this is their sole 2009 addition...especially after so much work was done in that one area. :?r

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:05 pm

"Guests can take advantage of the last chance to experience Medusa's original Greek mythology theme during the remaining days of Fright Fest."

It's themed to Greek mythology? Hmm, never noticed.

I guess that whole "Six Flags stock is 'junk' thing" hasn't deterred them from trying to improve things. Good to see.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby DaveH80 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Personally I think it's a great idea, Medusa is a great ride and over the past few years it seems to have less than usual ridership...why I don't know, but this will re-invent what was and still is a fun ride. Also being the world's first floorless coaster gives it great history, just think of how many B&M floorless coasters followed behind it ;)

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby DRACHEN_FIRE_FAN-BOY » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:26 pm

this is pretty good news.

I wonder if they will give it a better paint job? what music? and will there be a tunnel like X2 was supposed to have :roll:

(I still say they should have iPod inputs so you can listen to your own music!

I Love Bunnies

Postby Teacups Make Me Sick » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:29 pm

BeemerBoy wrote:
"Guests can take advantage of the last chance to experience Medusa's original Greek mythology theme during the remaining days of Fright Fest."

It's themed to Greek mythology? Hmm, never noticed.

I thought it was supposed to be "Medusa Mining Company". Being in Frontierland and all...it never really made much sense.

DelGrosso's Sauce + Enterprise = VOMIT!

Postby Wood Dragon 1988 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:30 pm

DaveH80 wrote:Personally I think it's a great idea, Medusa is a great ride and over the past few years it seems to have less than usual ridership...why I don't know,

Well, I would think El Toro and Kingda Ka are two very big reasons why ;)

I only rode Medusa once this year, and I thought it was very smooth, yet needed some paint.

I think this is a good idea though, and as DaveH said, it should get its ridership up a bit.

Banned

Postby RIP Psyclone » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:30 pm

nagro5 wrote:Are they going to name it Medusa2? :Pr

Me-2-Sa :lolr:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!