Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: Bing [Bot] and 17 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Thu May 15, 2008 8:36 am

I think the question is, how long will the station and queue look that nice?

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Location: Coney Island by Day. Staten Island by Night. Tokyo in my Sleep!

Postby CycloneMan » Thu May 15, 2008 1:08 pm

The Dark Knight was really cool! I got to ride it twice this morning ^_^

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Thu May 15, 2008 1:11 pm

^ How were the crowds in the park?

I Love Eli Manning!

Postby coastercrazed49 » Thu May 15, 2008 1:17 pm

Wow that has to be the coolest Wild Mouse coaster I have ever seen. The theming also looks really good, maybe above Six Flags standards. To bad this won't come to SFNE until next year.
EBL [9:16pm]: I'm not much into politics. I got turned off while Abraham Lincoln was in office.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Location: Coney Island by Day. Staten Island by Night. Tokyo in my Sleep!

Postby CycloneMan » Thu May 15, 2008 1:23 pm

^^The park was packed with enthusiasts and school groups! I got to ride because I was with the Media Day (update coming soon), the line was incredibly over flowing when I left

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Evan1127 » Thu May 15, 2008 2:35 pm

coastercrazed49 wrote:To bad this won't come to SFNE until next year.

It was actually canceled altogether. See: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... c&start=40

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

El Toro (NO LONGER) Indefinitely Down

Postby verticalzero » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:25 am

http://www.Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits.com/forums/view ... hp?t=23183

Following a major lightning storm which rolled through Six Flags Great Adventure on Sunday, El Toro was closed on Monday with ride operators saying they were hoping for having the coaster operating later in the day.

El Toro never reopened.

CF's own Jerry (East Coast(er) General) decided to investigate the scene to see what exactly was the cause for El Toro's unusual downtime.

After getting in contact with a senior engineer at the park, Jerry reports that during the lightning storm, El Toro was struck at the very top of its lift hill at the top most sensor. This wild electric current then traveled down the entire lift hill, wiping out all of the electrical system.

“When you go up there you see smoldering cables & electronics that extends the length of the lift. It took out everything. It’s a real mess.”

The engineer continued to explain that they are now waiting for replacement components and are hoping for a Friday reopening, in time for Saturday's Rise & Scream ERT.

Given the magnitude of the damage though, El Toro could be closed for longer, as Rolling Thunder's staff has been put on notice for Saturday's Rise & Scream ERT in the event El Toro cannot reopen.
"Roller coaster design is a science, as well as an art: a state of pure bliss".

--------------------------------------

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:31 am

Given the magnitude of the damage though, El Toro could be closed for longer, as Rolling Thunder's staff has been put on notice for Saturday's Rise & Scream ERT in the event El Toro cannot reopen.

D'oh! That'd be like driving a KIA while your Ferrari is in the shop.

EDIT: It's also funny that the 456ft. lightning rod next to it got nothing.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Fire Alarm Boy!

Postby arrowfanman » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:38 am

On the TPR Midwest trip, Avalanche at Timber Falls was struck by lightining the night before we were supposed to have ERT on it, again compromising the electrical system. It took something like 6 electricians, 10 hours, and having to scrap parts off of their log flume to get it up and running for us, but they did.

Granted, El Toro is much bigger and I doubt SFGAD is looking to scrap from other rides, hence why we are waiting for components. That being said, once they do come in, it wont be too long before the ride is up.

Which is good because I'll be on it in a few weeks. ::D

-Jahan

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:56 am

^Man, the TPR East Coast Tour is the Kiss of Death! :lolr: Griffon broke it's lift-hill chain last week (supposed to be up and running again by Monday, Aug. 4).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!