Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Axman » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:40 pm

I just finished reading the whole story of the ride. Everything from the removal of the Li'l Wheel, to the removal of the ride itself. So much effort and will power went into this ride. So much hype and excitement. Now its all gone. 10 years from now, the new generation will have know knowledge of its existence, and will have followed in the footsteps of Shockwave, Viper, Lightnin' Loops, and so many others before it.

It's a painfully gruesome shame :cry:
Alexander "I've decided that I don't really hate Magic Mountian, but I don't like it nearly as much as Cedar Point" Dickey

Current Coaster Count: 142

Hot Coaster Chick!

Postby niiicolaaah » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:32 am

I think Chiller was doomed from the start. Do you think they could split the thing into two separate coasters and send them to two different places? That would solve the "takes too much energy to launch" issue.
Parks: 71| Wood: 68 | Steel: 272 | Total Coasters: 340 | States: 23| Countries: 6

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby coasterdude28 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:28 am

I believe that that would take a considerable amount of support re-designing. Both side rely on the other for structural integrity.

I may be going out to the park on Sunday, and if I do, I'll be sure to take a few pictures of the progress.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Satchboogie3 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:04 am

I'm gonna miss this ride. It's was a refreshingly unique and fun lim coaster. I really hope they try to relocate it. There are plenty of parks that could use it.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jdclga » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:13 am

updated pictures here

Resident Nintendo Freak

Postby Rocket Rodder » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:03 pm

Oh WTF? Bunny hill?? D:

Man, that sucks all around.

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:49 pm

For anybody interested, I recreated Chiller in RCT3. The videos are on my YouTube page http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Platformz. Screen cap below.

* Both sides duel as originally designed
* Both sides have the original zero-g roll, no lumpy crap!
* Both sides launch at 88 miles an hour (a pointless & humerous sci-fi bonus)

* Ok, the trains are not the same as the real deal, but, since everything else works, it's an acceptable trade-off.

* Don't get me started on Movie Town Water Effect. :(

Axeman - I feel the same way about park histories and where we came from as far as ride evolution. "We stand on the shoulders of giants" as the saying goes. Without divulging too much, I'm working on some new ride recreations you just might like. ;)
chil.jpg
Early shot of BRC.

Postby Axman » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:00 pm

^ Very nice! I think the top hat and the boomarange could ba a bit taller, but other than that, it's great! The MTWE is a nice touch.
Alexander "I've decided that I don't really hate Magic Mountian, but I don't like it nearly as much as Cedar Point" Dickey

Final Destination Guy!

Postby Goliath513 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:15 pm

Great job on this. Axman, that only looks short because he hasn't added the support structure.

This is right on track to becoming a full fledged park recreation. :wink:

Postby Axman » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:12 pm

^^^I wish there was a way to tell the story of every rollercoasters that's ever been, so that they don't get lost in history.

I submit to you an idea. I think you should build a really nice, custom themepark, built entirely out of rides that have left SFAGd. That's 13 rollecoasters, and handfull of wet/dry slides, a log flume, and countless flats. You seem up to the challenge, since you've created such a sound replica of the Chiller. :b

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!