Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged RETARD!

Postby Adrenaline_Rush » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:14 pm

So is there an animation for this ride, because I dont really understand what its supposed to be?

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby asr » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:22 pm

Adrenaline_Rush wrote:So is there an animation for this ride, because I dont really understand what its supposed to be?

Read the thread next time. It is an enclosed Mack wild mouse.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby KGA29 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:43 pm

larrygator wrote:^I rarely see a mouse that is walk-on. They are popular and relatively cheap. However, $7.5 Million sounds high to me for a standard wild mouse. But six hairpin turns screams Wild Mouse to me versus something like Sierra Sidewinder.

That could be due to the fact that mouse coasters never have good capacities.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby speedracer » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:56 pm

SharkTums wrote:I don't mind these wild mice additions, but I don't quite get the names and theming. I mean, it's a mouse, a kiddie ride...trying to tout it as 'The Dark Knight' and being all bad a$$ just sounds like a bad idea.

I agree, just imagine when the movie releases and all the hype and tie ins, the lines will be completely insane, guaranteed +2hr wait for a Mack mouse. With such long waits and all the hype, will have alot of pissed off people coming off what is basically a small compact carnival coaster.

At the very least, they should add 2 side by side like this to keep the lines moving:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig918.htm?picture=5

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby KGA29 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:03 pm

speedracer wrote:
SharkTums wrote:I don't mind these wild mice additions, but I don't quite get the names and theming. I mean, it's a mouse, a kiddie ride...trying to tout it as 'The Dark Knight' and being all bad a$$ just sounds like a bad idea.

I agree, just imagine when the movie releases and all the hype and tie ins, the lines will be completely insane, guaranteed +2hr wait for a Mack mouse. With such long waits and all the hype, will have alot of pissed off people coming off what is basically a small compact carnival coaster.

At the very least, they should add 2 side by side like this to keep the lines moving:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig918.htm?picture=5

Like what Disney has done with Primeval Whirl, but it's not going to happen at SF.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Axman » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:21 pm

Wow! SF is really hitting the wild mouse-style coasters hard.

Just about EVERYONE will be let down by all three of these coasters. All of the GP simpletons will definitely wait in line for an indoor coaster called THE DARK NIHGT because it sounds scary. As soon as they figure out that its a wild mouse everyone will be PISSED!

Is this one in particular replacing Skull Mountain or the Chiller?
Alexander "I've decided that I don't really hate Magic Mountian, but I don't like it nearly as much as Cedar Point" Dickey

Current Coaster Count: 142

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Axman » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:21 pm

Woah. Seeing ddoouubbllee ppoossttss
Alexander "I've decided that I don't really hate Magic Mountian, but I don't like it nearly as much as Cedar Point" Dickey

Current Coaster Count: 142

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby coastakid » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:34 pm

I just want to point out something. Before the announcements were taken off the websites, the stats for the Dark Night Coaster said the capacity was 36 peple... while Kingda Ka's still say 18 people as well as all the other coasters. Maybe the 36 people was per train!. Did anyone think that maybe this coaster in fact not be a wildmouse, but infact a spinning coaster with 6 hairpin turns? Also, in the recently removed logo, the background showed a few hairpin turns as well as a twisting drop! Whatever this turns out to be, I know it will be a great addition to all three parks.

-Coastakid

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby kraxleRIDAH » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:40 pm

I think the 36 is the number of total guests that can be seated during the ride with all vehicles in operation.

Mack Mouse coasters seat 4 people per "train" or "car" right? So divide 36 by 4. You get the number of trains that will be on the coaster! = 9! :)

EDIT: Just looked at the RCDB pages and it says each of the Dark Knight coasters will have 8 cars. So it should really be 32?

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby asr » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:34 am

Yeah, it is 32. Before the info got taken down, it said 32, not 36.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!