Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby asr » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:35 am

imbordisux wrote:Well, so much for SFGAdv and SFNE not having any clones.

[Posted in other thread for effect.]

Uh, what? SFNE has Mind Eraser, Flashback, two generic kiddie coasters, Pandemonium, and Thunderbolt that are all clones, plus Batman that is a half clone, And SFGAdv has Great American Scream Machine, Batman, and Superman atleast that are clones.

You were being sarcastic weren't you?

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby coastakid » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:35 am

^ I think he emant the parks having 2 of the same coasters... Well anyhow, I'm excited for both of these coasters since I live somewhere inbetween them and will get to experience both of them... i haven't decided if thats good or bad?! Hopefully its themed nicely!

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby yankees15 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:14 pm

It is definitly a nice addition but I still believe that Great Adventure isn't the park for a Wild Mouse. These types of rides don't get enough pull through.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:27 pm

^I rarely see a mouse that is walk-on. They are popular and relatively cheap. However, $7.5 Million sounds high to me for a standard wild mouse. But six hairpin turns screams Wild Mouse to me versus something like Sierra Sidewinder.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:44 pm

I don't mind these wild mice additions, but I don't quite get the names and theming. I mean, it's a mouse, a kiddie ride...trying to tout it as 'The Dark Knight' and being all bad ass just sounds like a bad idea.

Slightly racist and terrible at poetry

Postby Team Thriller » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:08 pm

I haven't heard THAT name before! lol :b

We Ride with Pride

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby imbordisux » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:28 pm

asr wrote:
imbordisux wrote:Well, so much for SFGAdv and SFNE not having any clones.

[Posted in other thread for effect.]

Uh, what? SFNE has Mind Eraser, Flashback, two generic kiddie coasters, Pandemonium, and Thunderbolt that are all clones, plus Batman that is a half clone, And SFGAdv has Great American Scream Machine, Batman, and Superman atleast that are clones.

You were being sarcastic weren't you?

As Coastakid pointed out, I meant that the two parks didn't have any identical coasters to the other.

I've always liked that SF generally tried to keep parks that were close together from having identical rides, it gives enthusiasts a reason to travel, though on the flip-side, I can understand why it's an impractical idea - how many members of the GP are willing to travel 4+ hours to another park? As someone who likes to talk to strangers in line, I can attest to how many people don't even realize there's more than one "Six Flags" park; many people I've spoken to at SFNE had no idea that they even made coasters over 400 feet tall.

With that in mind, it makes sense to not want to "hoard" the money-making attractions to only certain parks, but instead spread them around, similar to their kiddie areas. What's likely to draw more money: hoping for tourists to travel to one attraction, or building several in multiple locations?

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:42 pm

SharkTums wrote:I don't mind these wild mice additions, but I don't quite get the names and theming. I mean, it's a mouse, a kiddie ride...trying to tout it as 'The Dark Knight' and being all bad a$$ just sounds like a bad idea.

It depends on how SF themes it. If it is good, it might be like Exterminator at Kennywood (a generic ride with great theming).
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:52 pm

I find it amusing that the same ride is going to three different Six Flags parks, but only SFNE's will be part of the Flashpass. Good luck to everyone at the SFGA's who want to ride this thing!
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby coasterbilly » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:58 pm

isn't this one inside? I thought that was the drift, so this definitely makes my day too, I love these things and it's so smart for SF to bring this in, hooray for GAdv!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!