Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 17 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Medusa1861 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:41 am

ginzo wrote:ction; better than what Hershey or BGE has, especially Hershey.

The Chiller had a lot of problems, which they had spent years trying to fix. Eventually you have to just give up. Why not say Premier sucks since they're more to blame for this ride sucking than Six Flags is?

Six Flags bashing is so three years ago.

Actually... Six Flags bashing with me started when Shapiro took over. With Great Adventure my home park, they've done a lot wrong For example.. last year. El toro and Kingda Ka were last to open at noon. Chiller operated less, Stuntman's Freefall and Poland Spring Plunge are removed, Now Chiller is removed. The years before Shapiro took over, i felt that Six Flags was really starting to make the parks work well. I won't say premier sucks or Six Flags sucks because I am not sure who made the decisions that lead to some problems. Six Flags is at fualt for selling it though. Trying to add the humps instead of the rolls, I am unsure if Premier suggested it, or Six Flags wanted the ride to be less intense.
The idea of making the trains only have 4 cars i believe is what screwed it up, and caused Six Flags to sell it, I kind of believe that was Six Flag's doing though. Premier might have just Oked it though.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby crazyrider06 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:48 am

So disappointing. So here is the question everyone wants to know, why did they bother putting money into it only to tear it down. What a waste. But I did get to ride robin a few times this year.. while it was only open a few times this year lol

All your coasters are belong to us

Postby IwantRevenge » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:37 pm

^well you never know enoguh money and hard work and they really could have gotten the ride working well but thats not the case...honestly this was one of premiers earlier desgins ( i think ) don't bash them.

as for the spinner it would be cool if it took up both chiller and freefalls spot and kinda jumped over the path in the middle. Like make it partially enclosed with an outdoor section.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby coasterbilly » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:54 pm

^that'd be cool too, that would result in a pretty large coaster actually, and over the path is always attractive too because guests obviously are forced to notice it's presence. Who knows what the future holds, I hope they are smart and do this right though since many of the GP will also be upset that Chiller is gone next season

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby weatherkid17 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:49 pm

Not to be rude, but I wouldnt be expecting anything amazing to go in that park, at least for the next few years. A family roller coaster would be nice, but you just got Kingda Ka in 2005 and El Toro in 2006, so it doesnt seem logical to add a giant new coaster 2 years after that. There are other parks that are more deserving.

El Toro totally owns the Voyage!

Postby coasterguy618 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:45 pm

weatherkid17 wrote:Not to be rude, but I wouldnt be expecting anything amazing to go in that park, at least for the next few years. A family roller coaster would be nice, but you just got Kingda Ka in 2005 and El Toro in 2006, so it doesnt seem logical to add a giant new coaster 2 years after that. There are other parks that are more deserving.

But do you remember when SF said they want to make Gadv the "crown jewel" of the chain.

Anyways, I was thinking, an X car coaster would fit perfectly in Chiller's place. One with the giant inverted lift.

All your coasters are belong to us

Postby IwantRevenge » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:47 pm

^that would be horrible, X-cars get horrible PPh, and Gadv gets very crowded so the lines would be to Nitro.

El Toro totally owns the Voyage!

Postby coasterguy618 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:48 pm

Yeah I don't want one either...I'm just pointing that out.

Ask me about being a pathological liar!!

Postby kraken613 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:05 pm

I wonder how long it will take them to take it apart.

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:11 pm

coasterguy618 wrote:
weatherkid17 wrote:Not to be rude, but I wouldnt be expecting anything amazing to go in that park, at least for the next few years. A family roller coaster would be nice, but you just got Kingda Ka in 2005 and El Toro in 2006, so it doesnt seem logical to add a giant new coaster 2 years after that. There are other parks that are more deserving.

But do you remember when SF said they want to make Gadv the "crown jewel" of the chain.

Anyways, I was thinking, an X car coaster would fit perfectly in Chiller's place. One with the giant inverted lift.

If it is their crown jewel, it's a really really crappy one. I mean, it's crowded as heck, half the rides break down, have either terrible capacity or ops, or they're just over-hyped rides that are truly nothing special. SF really needs to realize what a dump that park is. It was dirtier than SFMM the time I went, and it has maybe two truly thrilling rides (El Toro and Kingda Ka).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!