Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Giovanolafan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:17 pm

SKCfan wrote:I've never been to SFGA.
I see the removal pics, but, my mind is already asking the question:
WHERE ARE THEY GOING TO INSTALL IT NEXT? Does anybody have any idea? Surely they aren't just packing it down in a storage barn somewhere...

Maybe they'll ship it to us in TX and I'll finally be able to ride it.
:b
It would pretty much have to go to SFFT. I don't think SFOT has any room for it.

Yea I Wish
4 Launched in a 5 hour driving distance! haha!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:53 pm

coasterguy618 wrote:Exactly. And if you've ever been on a spinning coaster, they aren't that great. And I don't think a spinning coaster would be themed well to a movie or character in Movie Town.

What is your realm of experience on spinning coasters? Just curious which ones you did not enjoy.

Personally I'm not a fan of spinning mice (although have had a few good rides). Spinning coasters are much better, especially the Maurer Sohne models.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby coaster05 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:11 pm

coasterguy618 wrote:
coaster05 wrote:If it is not a custom Maurer then it won't be that great. IMO.

Exactly. And if you've ever been on a spinning coaster, they aren't that great. And I don't think a spinning coaster would be themed well to a movie or character in Movie Town.

No, that is not at all what I am saying. The Maurer ones are amazing. Dragon's fury at Chessington is my top 20, and Taratula was my second favorite ride on the Spain trip. Also why would I make that statement if I hadn't been on a spinning coaster.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Ibztone » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:44 pm

ginzo wrote:
Ibztone wrote:I happen to agree with your opinion on the six flags parks being bad. Maybe I was just spoiled by going to Busch Gardens Europe & Hershey Park. Lately it's like every time Six Flags puts in a new ride they take out two to compensate. I just don't get what there trying to do. Now there is like nothing over in that section of the park.

Hersheypark - 10 Coasters
BGE - 5 Coasters
Great Adventure - 12 Coasters (After The Chiller Removal)

I don't get your complaint. Great Adventure still has an absurdly good coaster collection; better than what Hershey or BGE has, especially Hershey.

The Chiller had a lot of problems, which they had spent years trying to fix. Eventually you have to just give up. Why not say Premier sucks since they're more to blame for this ride sucking than Six Flags is?

Six Flags bashing is so three years ago.

I’m not going against there coaster collection. I’m going against them taking the ride out. They have already taken out Freefall, Spin Meister and Pendulum in that area alone. What are they going to do with all of that space? I just find Hershey and BGE nicer in appearance and layout. I could say that Premier sucks, but I think they had a cool concept for a ride. It just sucks that Premier and/or Great Adventure couldn’t follow through with it.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby BuddyChrist » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:02 pm

Shapiro has done a pretty dam good job turning the park around. 2 years ago it was not a destination that many families wanted to go to. Now the park is nicer, the staff is friendlier, and most of the rides are actually working well.

He's making a good decision by taking out Chiller. It rarely ran, it was a money pit, and even when it ran, the area around it didn't spring to life. It was time for it to go and now it's time for something new.

Even though many people don't consider a spinning coaster very thrilling, I'd rather have a working attraction then a cool looking steel lawn ornament.

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:30 pm

Dunno where, but thought I read an indoor mac coaster was on the table for the Chiller area. Are we talking about the same possible new addition or different rides?

Indoor mac bobsled, ala CP Disaster Transport would be fun.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby coasterbilly » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:37 pm

^the indoor spinning attraction was talked about going in where Freefall was.

I personally love spinning coasters, Pandemonium at SFNE was loads of fun, they are different, have more of a twister layout, and are attractive to teens and families because its just a plain fun coaster

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Axman » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:18 pm

This whole thing is just wierd. Batman & Robin with the humps is officialy the rarest credit in America. Especially for which ever side operated the least.

How many months total did the ride operate with the humps? Like, two?
Alexander "I've decided that I don't really hate Magic Mountian, but I don't like it nearly as much as Cedar Point" Dickey

Current Coaster Count: 142

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby kraxleRIDAH » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:45 pm

^ The Batman side actually never reopened (after the reprofiling). Robin only did.

It's A Small World Fanboy

Postby Hang And Bang » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:24 am

It's a shame such a unique coaster is coming down -- but with so much downtime what can you really expect???

If you really miss it you can always head to Missouri and ride Chiller's cousin, Mr. Freeze. :)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!