Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby coasterbilly » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:20 am

^I agree man, if you're a real enthusiast, a coaster dear to your heart that comes down would make you upset I would think. Honestly, when Dorney took out Hercules, I was upset because that was my first really big wooden coaster and was excited that since I was planning on going out to college in PA near Dorney, it'd be near to me. But, they took it out and replaced it with a mediocre floorless, it happens man, I guess some have more passion about this industry then others...

Postby Wes » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:34 am

coasterbilly wrote:I guess some have more passion about this industry then others...

Translation: I guess some people are bigger losers than others...

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby coasterbilly » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:47 am

^say what you want, doesn't matter to me big guy

Anyway, Chiller will definitely be missed, not a coaster for me personally to cry over, but as a whole for the park. I just hope whatever they put in there, it'll be a good add for my homepark

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Medusa1861 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:37 am

I just got back from Great Adventure, And asked around. The latest rumor around the park is.. that it has been sold... The rumor goes farther, but just wait, it might show-up again somewhere overseas...

Final Destination Guy!

Postby Goliath513 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:38 am

coasterbilly wrote:^I agree man, if you're a real enthusiast, a coaster dear to your heart that comes down would make you upset I would think. Honestly, when Dorney took out Hercules, I was upset because that was my first really big wooden coaster and was excited that since I was planning on going out to college in PA near Dorney, it'd be near to me. But, they took it out and replaced it with a mediocre floorless, it happens man, I guess some have more passion about this industry then others...

I felt the same way when Knott's destroyed Windjammer back in the summer of 2001. That was my first roller coaster. However after reading up on all the problems it gave the park (reliability issues, valleying in the wind, defective safety restraints, etc.), I came to the conclusion that this move was in the best interest of the park. And look, they got a nice, smooth, exciting Intaimin to replace it. Same thing with Cedar Point when they removed White Water Landing. It seemed like bad move to take out yet another water ride/family attraction and add another coaster to their huge collection, but look what we got out of it - Quite possibly the best coaster in the park (from what I have heard from friends who have ridden it). What I mean is, this may seem like a bad move, but this will help the park so they don't have to funnel all their money into keeping an unreliable ride running when they could add something new and better for the park. Although this looked like a really fun coaster. Coaster removals are always sad, but they are always in the best interest of the park.

-Sam

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Johnny Upsidedown » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:39 am

^^I was thinking the ride might get moved, just for the fact that they are taking the ride down before season end and it is being unbolted in a carefull looking manner. I bet it is sold..
Johnny Roller Coaster Website with Roller coaster related: events, trip reports and construction photos. http://www.Johnnyupsidedown.com
Manta Construction http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta.html

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby SKCfan » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:40 am

I've never been to SFGA.
I see the removal pics, but, my mind is already asking the question:
WHERE ARE THEY GOING TO INSTALL IT NEXT? Does anybody have any idea? Surely they aren't just packing it down in a storage barn somewhere...

Maybe they'll ship it to us in TX and I'll finally be able to ride it.
:b
It would pretty much have to go to SFFT. I don't think SFOT has any room for it.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Satchboogie3 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:41 am

What a shame. I loved that ride... the few times it was open.

Just another reason why I hate SF.

Final Destination Guy!

Postby Goliath513 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:47 am

SKCfan wrote:It would pretty much have to go to SFFT. I don't think SFOT has any room for it.

SFOT has Mr Freeze which is VERY similar to the Batman track of The Chiller. And isn't SFFT already getting a relocated SF coaster for the 2007 season? :wink:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:53 am

I'll offer 100 to 1 odds that The Chiller is melted down for soda cans. Imagine trying to auction off this sucker:

"Come buy this great coaster that Six Flags tried to fix for 10 years, but failed! Act now to get in on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to buy a coaster that will kill your maintenance budget and disappoint guests with constant downtime."

The new owner would also probably lose the Batman and Robin theme, which doesn't help either.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!