Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby itsme102 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:29 pm

With Chiller gone now they need to put something in the Movietown area of the park. It seemed dead already with Freefall gone. The only thing left there is Batman.
This is my sig.....yup.....

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby coasterdude28 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:37 pm

I just got back from the park. It is sad to see Chiller coming down. I will definately miss it. I have some pictures from the day, including Chiller Deconstruction.
P9220236.JPG
The crane, doing its thing.
P9220237.JPG
Valley is gone.
P9220238.JPG
Next piece to go?
P9220239.JPG
That blue piece of track never had a train with riders go over it.
P9220240.JPG
Reminds me of last off season.
P9220242.JPG
Technical difficulties: Note the lack of track in the background. would that be considered "technical"?
P9220243.JPG
Alright, enough of the sad stuff. I hope these rides don't go anywhere for a long time.
P9220244.JPG
Happy ET riders.
P9220245.JPG
Back to the sad stuff.
P9220246.JPG
Happy Stuff
P9220247.JPG
Nitro was running GREAT today.
P9220248.JPG
More Chiller...or would that be less Chiller?
P9220252.JPG
Obligatory KK shot.
Copy (2) of P9220252.JPG
I was bored.
Copy (2) of P9220245.JPG
Say goodbye.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LcHg5265 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:44 pm

I believe KK will always have the possibility of being taken out.

All your coasters are belong to us

Postby IwantRevenge » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:10 pm

I started to cry looking at those pictures....goodbye chiller I will miss you soo much! for all the neck pains and near black outs you gave me...as well as the mild headache from the sound of the train launch over me when I didn't expect it.

:cry:

El Toro totally owns the Voyage!

Postby coasterguy618 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:19 pm

IwantRevenge wrote:I started to cry looking at those pictures....goodbye chiller I will miss you soo much! for all the neck pains and near black outs you gave me...as well as the mild headache from the sound of the train launch over me when I didn't expect it.

:cry:

I'm sorry, but I find it quite funny that you are crying over a roller coaster.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby vedved82491 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:57 pm

^And I find it funny that you don't get the sarcasm in that.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby matttty » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:58 pm

LcHg5265 wrote:I believe KK will always have the possibility of being taken out.

What does that have to do with the topic and KK has really picked itself up this year, all four trains working with minimum downtime...

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:08 pm

There are those of us here how hold parks and rides very dear, and yes, some do cry when you've had great times with either and then they're gone. One day friend, you'll understand.

El Toro totally owns the Voyage!

Postby coasterguy618 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:13 pm

TheRapidsNerd wrote:

There are those of us here how hold parks and rides very dear, and yes, some do cry when you've had great times with either and then they're gone. One day friend, you'll understand.

Yes, but there are so many worse things to cry about, while he is crying over a roller coaster.

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:50 pm

TheRapidsNerd wrote:
Quote:

Yes, but there are so many worse things to cry about, while he is crying over a roller coaster.

^Yes there are greater things in the world, but until you experience what I'm talking about, you won't understand.

When I visited what was left of Opryland USA earlier this year, I cried some. The one time I visited the park in 1994, I had a great and comical time there. The place and it's rides had a special vibe that you don't get at just any park. Knowing that it was suddenly gone and seeing what was leftover was and still is very sad. Many others feel similarly about Opryland and various other parks and coasters. You're not just losing some random piece of steel or wood here, but a reminder of some of the happy or silly memories that go along with it.

Think what you will. Call me weak or pathetic to be passionate about coasters and parks, but deep down, you too share this same passion or you wouldn't be a member of this board.

Coasters may not be as important in the grand scheme as other things, but they do hold a special place in all our hearts. When that place is empty, we weep.

BTW for those interested, there is a video called "The Coasters of Six Flags Great Adventure" (or something similar) that R&E shot few years ago. It has Nitro, Medusa, BOTH SIDES OF CHILLER, and Viper PoVs. Dunno where it is here, but it's worth a download.

Edit: Here--> http://www.themeparkreview.com/videos/video.htm

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!