Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 2044 - Jersey Devil delayed til 2021
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:39 am

coasterrider1998 wrote:There is absolutely no difference but only in the turnaround and the bunny hop where there are a few uncomfortable bumps but thats it./Cr98\

OMG!!!

Again, boys...there can't be 'ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE' and then you go and say that there are more differences!!!!

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby calcajun » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:42 am

But coming off a lift at a slower speed will in fact slow the whole ride down.

This is plain old real physics. It is a fact. Stop trying to dispute it.

Go see your science or physics teacher.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Location: Coney Island by Day. Staten Island by Night. Tokyo in my Sleep!

Postby CycloneMan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:48 am

SharkTums wrote:I love all the fanboys saying there's no difference...then in the same sentence saying "but you don't get yanked over the first drop as good anymore"!!! Then there *IS* a difference!

I'm sure the ride is still amazing, but as I posted a while ago, one of my favorite parts was hauling a$$ around the top them plummeting down and as some of you have fessed up to that part is changed now!

I didn't as absolutely, I said there really wasn't a difference! It's only a slowed down lift. Trust us, the ride after that turn around and top of the drop is no different!

Also, the guests weren't complaining, the staff were getting reports about some things the train was doing that felt unsafe (I know, the lead op pulled me aside to ask me if something seemed different). GP don't even realize the difference. But I've seen this lift do different speeds to.

I've done it once where the lift came to a complete stop before releasing and then I've had it just slow down. But take my word, it's still El Toro

-Dainan " :airtimer: " Rafferty

Frutilicious!

Postby KrakenKing » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:51 am

Makes no difference to me...

Of course, I've never ridden it when the lift didn't slow down. Jay (ElToroExtreme) Told me that they had just changed the lift speed a few days before I got there.

So, the slowing of the lift is how my first ride was, and seems like this is the only way the rest of my rides will be.

Still my #1 woodie :D

Mike "Going back on July 16th for more rides" Redig
Signature.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Rider117 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:58 am

Ride hasn't changed one bit. Still amazing extreme ejector air over the first drop in the back seat. IF anything the ride was going faster this week going over 70mph.

Frissbeking

Postby Frissbeking » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:08 am

I can say, not as a fan boy, because I'm not, I'm just stuck living an hour away to the park, that after riding it 3 or 4 times last night, the ride AFTER the lift hill is the same, and, somehow, it's running surprisingly faster. The turn going into the drop is slower, obviously, but everything else is the same. There really is no reason for a 5 or 6 page rant saying "oh this sucks, this sucks" because until you've actually ridden it, there's no reason anyone can say the ride "Sucks now"

When I first heard about this happening, I was truly upset as well, but after my rides last night, it's still a fabulous ride. After talking with a few of my good friends that work up on Toro, I was told it was coming into the brakes about 2 or 3 seconds faster yesterday than it did the entire months of April/May.

Rob.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby WadeJ » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:30 am

No matter how fast the train hits that first drop, it can still only go so fast due to the size of the wheels. There is no difference in the ride. In fact, as Rob mentioned above, its running faster than it ever has. My rides late Saturday night were the best I've ever gotten and thats with 60+ rides on it. Toro is even giving air on the final hop into the brakes :)

In my opinion, having the great anticipation at the top before going down that drop is even better now. And the whip effect in the very back is :b

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby calcajun » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:47 am

No doubt, if in fact they replaced the wheels and the ride went faster. Then they slowed the lift. It would then be going as fast as ever.

Now if they did not make any modifications except slow the lift, then the ride will certainly be slower.

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying it is not a good ride now. I never rode it so when i do, i am sure it will be awesome.
I am just saying that it is absolute fact that if the lift is slowed at the point the train disengages from it, it will in fact slow the whole ride down. That is just pure scientific proven fact.
Period.

I can't wait to ride it though. it still looks awesome.
I do feel sorry for all those who have ridden it prior cause i know it will feel less than it was to most.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:47 am

Maybe we're all missing the bigger picture here. Six Flags is actually attending to, and trying to maintain their world-class woodie. If the experience is slightly altered a mph or two, it's much better than letting the whole thing turn to crap. It's really just nice to see a big chain doing what they should with a great ride. Maybe I'm wrong, but either way, I'm still dying to get a ride on it.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

All your coasters are belong to us

Postby IwantRevenge » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:00 am

just a though, maybe the extra speed from the lift, on the drop and airtime hills was wearing out the wood faster, and by slowing it down 5mph or so it slows down the wear taken by the wood.

Atleast the ride experience hasn't changed.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!