Adventureland (Iowa) Discussion Thread

P. 75: Dragon being dismantled!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Adventureland (Iowa) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri May 22, 2020 9:10 am

^ The one at Lake Winnie and Adventureland were both closed when I visited the parks.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Belmont Park & Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby ryder » Fri May 22, 2020 9:22 am

I suspect they're a maintenance nightmare. Isn't that the same reason so many Arrow log flumes are disappearing? It had very little to do with popularity with guests, but they're tough to maintain.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby wingsofmelody » Mon May 25, 2020 12:53 am

Wow I totally called it lol
I'm glad they're making an homage to the Dragon with the next ride's name. I like the idea of keeping the double loop, but you don't see many of those with modern coasters. It's definitely gonna leave a weird vacancy in the park for the upcoming season. Not so much from Dragon Island (I'm assuming they'll keep the show building for now), but from the rest of the park. Like someone said, as a ride, it was okay, but the picture it made in the park was really nice. I'll miss that.

I'm still hoping for a water ride, but a new coaster would be able to take advantage of the Dragon's large footprint.

As far as the Splashover, it's definitely not a surprise. That ride was the definition of a long time coming. I can't remember the last time the water was on. I'm looking forward to whatever new flat they choose to put in there. I don't have any guesses for that.

I drove down the road alongside the park yesterday, and the loops and the lift hill still remain.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon May 25, 2020 4:38 am

ryder wrote:I suspect they're a maintenance nightmare. Isn't that the same reason so many Arrow log flumes are disappearing? It had very little to do with popularity with guests, but they're tough to maintain.

I don't think that they're "tough", but rather "expensive", to maintain. Parts availability is always an issue on older / discontinued models too.

We know that European showmen and other big European theme parks continue to maintain their Top Spins, though there are still some bad apples (Walibi's comes to mind).
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!