Adventureland (Iowa) Discussion Thread

P. 75: Dragon being dismantled!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Adventureland (Iowa) Discussion Thread

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Mon May 18, 2020 6:15 pm

Excited to see what they add next. They've been knocking it out of the park with their last few additions, and this park has a great charm to it. Dragon was closed all day when I was there in 2017, but I would definitely go back for Monster alone. Not to mention the amount of places you can get beer.

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Mon May 18, 2020 7:52 pm

Somebody send them RMC's phone number. Looks like a nice long skinny plot of land for a Raptor :evil:

This coaster is definitely not a loss, I don't remember a single thing about riding it in 2010.

Postby Vonni » Mon May 18, 2020 7:54 pm

I personally have not been on a raptor, but would the ride experience be quite similar to what Monster already provides?

Postby DILinator » Mon May 18, 2020 8:29 pm

I don't see 2020 as the year I finally make it out to this park, but I'm excited to see what they have in store for 2021, and hopefully I'll make it out that way next year!

As for never riding Dragon, I am one who will never lose sleep over missing out on riding an old looper, especially one with a reputation for being as rough as Dragon. I too agree that a custom RMC Raptor similar to Jersey Devil would look great there in Dragon's old spot!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby jlp94 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:17 am

Sad to see that I'm one of the rare few that really liked Dragon. One of the most underrated coasters I've ridden :cry:

I'd like to see a new gen Vekoma go there personally

Postby VF15 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:43 am

New hint from the park...
5D4B1903-C0D2-4EE7-A539-7610ED793843.jpeg

I Love Donkeys!

Postby SwuaraeC » Tue May 19, 2020 10:10 am

For those who haven't seen the gif from the park, The image VF15 posted is rotating 360 degrees.

Link to the Gif: https://www.facebook.com/AdventurelandParkIowa/posts/2937723066311059

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby WolfBobs » Tue May 19, 2020 10:26 am

I'll quietly keep my fingers crossed a new gen Vekoma makes its way stateside finally. Lech looks amazing and wouldn't mind having one within a days drive. Or whatever the wonderful nonsense of track Energylandia currently has under construction from Vekoma.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby ryder » Tue May 19, 2020 10:52 am

I actually didn't hate Dragon. I found the worst part by far was that opening section of bunny hills before the lift--that was awful. The rest of it was not smooth, but I feel there's worse out there.

But I will say from the off-ride point of view, it was very scenically located behind that pond. From a photography point of view, it'll be missed.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue May 19, 2020 12:00 pm

One of the options I was wondering is if the presumed replacement would use the entirety of Dragon's current footprint or if they'd keep it on that thin stretch of land by the station (and not cross the water).

With the spinning picture, could it maybe be a hint at a free spin? It would be unique to the region, super marketable, and in line with their past coaster additions from a budget perspective.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Belmont Park & Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!