Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1874 - Coconut Shores coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: Bamwa and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby palavos3 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:16 pm

I really wish people could be more honest. I mean look at what we were predicting. Then they came up short. Sure this ride may have some fun aspects, I'm not saying it won't. But there is NO WAY this coaster will be as good as millie. I'm sorry. BTW TTD in my opinion in the greatest steel coaster ever created and intamin went down in quality with kingda ka too.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby redfoot12 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:19 pm

palavos3 wrote: BTW TTD in my opinion in the greatest steel coaster ever created...

And with that I'll take a grain of salt with his opinions.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:24 pm

ginzo wrote:
While this by no means looks like one of Intamin's finest projects, I still see a trip out to Deliverance country in my plans next year.

You're going to Georgia? This coaster's in Virginia.

LOL! I was thinking the exact same thing.

I hope part of the ride ops uniform is having to sport a mullet and handle bar mustache! That would be awesome! =)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:25 pm

^And have names like "Cooter" and "Skeeter."

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby redfoot12 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:27 pm

Guy T. Koepp wrote:I hope part of the ride ops uniform is having to sport a mullet and handle bar mustache! That would be awesome! =)

To match what's going on in the queue? Isn't that redundant?

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby GriffonFan09 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:27 pm

Nah the best steel coaster has yet to be found...except for the golden ticket people. I'm hoping I305 will give me something to actually seriously SCREAM about...my first time on Griffon, MF, and some other one i forgot ( :lmao: ) made me look over the first drop and keep saying "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD" and i'm sure this ride will DEFF do that! That first drop looks so amazing but i still don't get why they have the drop in the middle of nowhere not visible to the public coming to the attraction....oh well.

Do i put my hands up on this 85* 300ft. drop? - Yet to be decided....at the top of the ride on my first time i'll figure it out :) :airtime:

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby VegasCoaster » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:33 pm

Ummm... I'm not sure its feasible to do a whole lot more than TTD and Kingda Ka do when you go that high. Sure you can build a vertical lift to save room, but the size of the layout is going to be huge so you can make any transitions gradual enough to handle the speed. While we can theorize and make nifty models in NoLimits or RCT or whatever, people don't generally consider how much dough it takes to actually make what they build. I can't think of many parks that have the cash or the space to beat a giga coaster without it being Kingda Ka + 10mph and another 20 ft.

Papas

Postby Papas » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:36 pm

palavos3 wrote:I really wish people could be more honest. I mean look at what we were predicting. Then they came up short. Sure this ride may have some fun aspects, I'm not saying it won't. But there is NO WAY this coaster will be as good as millie. I'm sorry. BTW TTD in my opinion in the greatest steel coaster ever created and intamin went down in quality with kingda ka too.

Looks like its time to up the CP fanboy attack warning color on the boards

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:38 pm

"Biggest Baddest Meanest" just is a rip off of Diamondback, and I don't think it fits with the name.

A very odd and interesting layout...it looks like it will have some GREAT airtime coming off of a 305ft lift hill. It looks sooooo weird being somewhat "compact" instead of spread out. Hm..

Booooooooo for no lap bars, but what do you expect.

Well, it looks better than Millennium Force to me!
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Water, Water Everywhere!

Postby BamaRob21 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:43 pm

Finally Kings Dominion is getting what should be a great coaster! This park is in desperate need of something special. When I visited KD last summer, it was simply a chore to get the credits and go. This will actually give me incentive to return to this park in the near future. Although I'm not a fan of the "theme", I'm happy that it is an Intamin hyper instead of a B&M!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!