Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1875 - What's New at Haunt for 2019?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:02 pm

thrillseaker92 wrote:
raptorcrew2002 wrote:Can we please stop with the red and yellow...

I swear it's like they had tons of paint left over from TTD or something. Not knocking red or yellow paint, but i think it's time for CF to diversify with the color wheel paint options.

Actually CF is clever by using those colors. Red is a color that stimulates hunger, therefore making you want to eat. Yellow is a color that stimulates energy and happiness making you have a better day at the park and wanting to come back.

And it makes the ride stick out and emphasizes how big it is. Honestly, when I see Cedar Point's skyline, the first thing I immediately notice is TTD. When I saw Kings Island's skyline, I immediately noticed Diamondback and how it towered over every other coaster. It seems to catch my eye more so than any other color combination.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:03 pm

thrillseaker92 wrote:

I swear it's like they had tons of paint left over from TTD or something. Not knocking red or yellow paint, but i think it's time for CF to diversify with the color wheel paint options.

Actually CF is clever by using those colors. Red is a color that stimulates hunger, therefore making you want to eat. Yellow is a color that stimulates energy and happiness making you have a better day at the park and wanting to come back.

What about gray? For all the concrete. What does that stimulate?
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby lilj4425 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:03 pm

thrillseaker92 wrote:

Sounds like McDonald's. :lolr: :P

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:05 pm

Looks good to me...thanks for the reports Robb & Chuck! I think it is a superb move for KD and the entire Virginia area. I will most definitely be stopping there during my annual Virginia trip next year.

As far as the OTSR, I am also not a huge fan because of how rough Maverick's transitions seemed last year in just about every seat I rode.

I will say however, that they did not seem to bother me at all on Fahrenheit or Storm Runner so I will simply reserve judgement until I ride. I would imagine that it might only get rough once the coaster get's a little older - another reason for me to go when the ride is new!

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby CoryPa77 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:06 pm

It's looking like Cedar Fair/Kings Dominion did a pretty good job with the "theme" and name of this ride since I actually see news headlines for it showing up on sports websites even!

Neil Peart makes me erect

Postby DiSab » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:30 pm

I'm really liking the looks of this ride. And I'll be honest - I love the fact that it has the OTSRs. I have absolutely no problem with them at all. And from all I've heard, the belts on MF have gotten even shorter in the last few years. Last I rode it in '07, I barely - and I mean barely - got the belt buckled. If I were to get on it now, I have no doubt that I would be WoS'd - especially after not fitting on DB last month. I've never even gotten close to WoS on Maverick, so I don't think this ride will give me problems. The layout looks very fun, with plenty of airtime and forceful turns throughout. And if the transitions are anything like they are on Maverick, there might even be a little airtime on them.

In regards to the comment that the intense airtime hills on Maverick and Fahrenheit bruised the thighs... Uhh, wouldn't that happen with any style of lapbar - and not necessarily just from the Intamin OTSRs? I mean, both the Intamin harness/lapbars and regular lapbar-only restraints fall on the same area - the thighs. The extreme ejector air would probably have the same effect on the thighs with any type of restraint. It doesn't only happen with the OTSRs.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby rosscoe » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:42 pm

I really like the look of this, love how it's very low to the ground. Once you get past the lift hill.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby palavos3 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:43 pm

Why in the HELL did they make the ride shorter than MF? What a stupid business move! They should have made this ride taller and longer! Does not look too intimidating after all. It could have been at least 325 feet! And no tunnel. I was thinking about going to KD next year. Now I just don't know.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby gldude » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:46 pm

I wonder if this ride only makes left turns, does it crash into a wall at the end, too soon? Anyways it looks sort of like a massive mega-lite and despite the awful choice of theme it looks like a great ride.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Homeboy23 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

^^ Yes, you do that, don't come because of 20 feet :roll:

Stop judging until you ACTUALLY ride it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!