Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1870 - Grand Carnivale at Kings Dominion
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby eddie200330 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:23 pm

Wow, I finally got caught up on reading all of this and only have a few things to say.

I do agree that the name and theme make more sense to go to Carowinds, but isn't their ad campaign saying something about "Lightning Striking Twice"? Maybe theirs will be a sort of knock off....

The Congo was built/themed years ago before all of the newer rides and coaster were added, maybe they just need some sort of retheme, albeit not the "Redneck Alley" that was mentioned a few pages back.

As for the person who wanted to skip this race weekend, by all means please go on that Saturday, as there will be over 100,00 people at the track meaning mostly short (hopefully) lines at the park.

Restraints really shouldn't be an issue, the only thing I am concerned about is taking the first turn at close to 90 mph!!!!!! I can only imagine the force pushing you down into your seat!!!!

And last, as for the colors, if they wanted to go the whole Earnhardt theme, maybe they could've used blue instead of red for the early years Wrangler car he drove...

Enough of my rambling, just get out to Central VA next summer and see for yourself........

Did anyone notice that the link to KDFansite's pics show a model with B&M style 4 across seating??
Life is a lemon and I want my money back????

He who farts in church sits in own pew.............

My uncle owns a country place that no one knows about

Postby PriestofSyrinx » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:30 pm

I feel more air time with these restraints.

I like the lay out, kind of a MForce meets Maverick kind of deal.

I cant wait for that first turn and hill!
Favs: Maverick/Mindbender/Magnum/Goliath/Voyage

Will find a Rush reference in your post, whether its there or not!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:31 pm

eddie200330 wrote:Did anyone notice that the link to KDFansite's pics show a model with B&M style 4 across seating??

I don't believe Coaster Dynamix makes an Intamin version, so that's all they had to work with. They did a damn good job on that model, if you ask me.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby MiniMike » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:37 pm

Roller Coasters are to enjoy; Not to complain about the restraints! To be honest, who cares about them anyway. All they do is keep you from falling out, not blocking your blood circulation.

I don't want to be mean but They are just restraints.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby coasterfan21 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:39 pm

The only issue I have, well I hope its not an issue, is that if I will be able to ride it seeing as I am 6' 5" and some parks wont let me ride there Intamin rides.

Come on Intamin tall guys need love too. :lover:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

INTIMIDATOR

Postby TATSUFAN » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:43 pm

THANKS ROBB FOR SHARING, WITH US.

INTIMIDATOR LOOKS FANTASTIC!

Full Fledged Bi Enthusiast

Postby okinawaboy11 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:53 pm

Hmm...

I'm not sure what I think yet.
I like 300 feet
I hate the name
I like high speed turns
I hate the OTSR's
I like 85 degrees
I hate the color

Just hmm...

This could be good, or it could go terribly wrong. But I'm leaning towards good.

All I know is that if the transitions are anything like Maverick, I'll probably only ride it once. My neck was so bruised the next day after riding Maverick.

We shall see.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby chad5871 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:53 pm

CP_RULES wrote:Oh yea, and pause the POV at the very beginning. Just wanted to say I was right. ::lol::

Congratulations on getting it right! I definitely thought you had the right idea when I saw it!

Hmmmm.... I wonder why the model has 4-across seating. Maybe this was the initial model before they settled on the design for the trains? Or is it possible that the trains could be different from the renderings?

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:58 pm

The model has 4 across seating because they used the Coasterdynamix model system. It only has B&M style track and trains.

I love the layout of Intimidator, it's like the Millennium Force I always wanted. Can't wait to ride it, whenever that may be.
-Sean C.

FORMER DISNEYLAND ATTRACTION OP

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby pkd freak » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:03 pm

chad5871 wrote:
CP_RULES wrote:

Hmmmm.... I wonder why the model has 4-across seating. Maybe this was the initial model before they settled on the design for the trains? Or is it possible that the trains could be different from the renderings?

Because it's from the original model...We talked to the guy at the announcement that actually put it together... and they was so shocked and amazed when they were asked to build the model.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!