Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1870 - Grand Carnivale at Kings Dominion
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby deguy123 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:54 pm

This looks like a great ride and definitely will be on my list next year to ride.

The complaining about the OTSR is not going to change them....just be happy a coaster of this size is being built.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:59 pm

I hate the name.
But it's only a name.

I Loveeeee the support structure of this baby. So sexy. So efficient.

I have never seen details for structure breakdown weight before, but I thought it was interesting that the track and the supports weigh the same amount. I have a feeling for most of the taller coasters out there that the supports weigh much more than the track itself.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:00 pm

I'm totally pumped for this coaster now...the layout looks short but sweet, and it looks like the entire ride from drop to end is just going to be pure Intamin speed.

I kind of wish they could have gone with U-bars, too, but the OTSRs don't really bother me at all. I'm 5' 11" and Storm Runner's/KK's OTSRs come nowhere near my shoulders. The only time I've felt at all uncomfortable in them was during one ride on Storm Runner, where I didn't have the restraint tight enough and smacked my shoulder against the side of the restraint in the flying snake dive.

That all being said, am I the only one who thinks the crest of the first "airtime hill" seems a little too drawn out to give any strong airtime? The smaller hills seem fantastic, but the under-lift hill just seems too drawn out to give anything but floater air...kind of like Kingda Ka's second hill. It almost seems like it might have been better, had they used a stengel dive in that spot.

But either way, I guess I'll find out when I ride it. Even if its not a super airtime machine like SROS or Bizarro, I'll still enjoy it for what it is. Who can deny ANY Intamin mega/giga?

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby dcxs » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:01 pm

As someone said on kdfansite, why not just copy Bizzaro at SFNE add 100ft and two more air-time hills, there you go. The new no1 coaster in the world ;)

Only 1/2 CP fanboy

Postby CP_RULES » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:05 pm

I305 > Driving on the interstate at 90 mph > Sitting in your car parked > The aforementioned in the 100 degree heat > The aforementioned without the AC running > MF

The OTSR's don't bother me at all, I didn't get neck chopped on Maverick one bit and that seems to be the ride that's most complained about for neck chopping.

Oh yea, and pause the POV at the very beginning. Just wanted to say I was right. ::lol::
untitled1.JPG
WIN!
-Justin Seabaugh -Official Brake Fanboy
M-I-Z-Z-O-U ENGINEERING Go Tigers!

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:05 pm

^Because with Intamin, we can always appreciate a unique layout with each coaster design with different elements. For example, after going on Nitro, I wouldn't want to travel the miles to go to Kings Island just for Diamondback. The layouts are almost exactly the same. But, with Intamin, each coaster has a drastically different layout.

...Except SROS/ROS.

"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Postby montezooma » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:07 pm

moose wrote:I hate the name.
But it's only a name.

I Loveeeee the support structure of this baby. So sexy. So efficient.

I agree Moose, that is one SEXY support structure, but I have to disagree with you on the name...I LOVE IT
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING
New Season, New Posts, New Logo...Old Stuff!

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:07 pm

Funny that a ride named after a guy who tied of blunt force to the head has shoulder restraints

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:16 pm

This was probably questioned back when MF opened, but could giga coasters become a bit more popular once this is built? Maybe part of the reason why these coasters never originally sold before was the layout along with the cost.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:20 pm

Awesome! Looks like I will have to go back there next year! =)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!