Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1875 - What's New at Haunt for 2019?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 16 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:55 am

I like wing coasters, they're fun. They're not "Volcano" fun but they're more fun than an empty field and dirt pile.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:56 am

I would totally welcome a winged coaster at KD! They are very unique to the US and, so far, none have been a clone. I'm also sure the average guest to KD has no idea they even exist.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby gardyloo! » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:35 am

cfc wrote:I'm not a fan of Wing coasters overall, but I like Fenix at Toverland, and haven't tried Holiday World's Thunderbird yet.

Totally agree. Fenix's is by far the best wing coaster I've ridden. Probably cause it focuses more on speed and forces than slow manoeuvres. A wing coaster will be a solid investment for the park probably. Guests will love it, they're good capacity rides and are reliable. Sure, I would love to see another crazy ride e.g TT and I305, but I think they already catered to that crowd. The new ride will take the eyes of TT and make its line shorter. So, no matter what it will be, it will do something good anyways.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:38 am

The GP will love it, it's better than an empty field, and I'm sure fans will be less upset when Anaconda leaves if they have a shiny new coaster that wasn't a hand-me-down.

Please pull more of the crowd away from the flume, Drop Tower, Twisted Timbers, and the precious Apple :br

I really wish they could make it something more like Falcon at Wuxi Sunac Land. These wing coasters seem to be better when they're bigger... and have a mountain to work with.

{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:49 am

I have only been on GateKeeper, but I like it. Like somebody else said, it would nicely compliment the craziness of I305 and Twisted Timbers.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby mark549 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:06 pm

A B&M wing coaster would be great over the water where Anaconda is. Anaconda might have its fans but I doubt it would be missed much. It would also free up more space than the demise of Volcano. I agree a less crazy ride than i305 would be very popular.

I thought X-flight was the second best coaster at Six Flags Chicago (after Goliath) and I liked it more than Wild Eagle (great views) and Gatekeeper (graceful but didn't do much for me).

I hope the rumored "no competition" clause that B&M supposedly had with Busch Gardens is either not true or is expired, so KD could get this if they want it.

Postby DILinator » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:43 am

I love GateKeeper, I love Thunderbird, and I really like both X-Flight and Wild Eagle! So I'm definitely on board if this does indeed end up being a B&M Wing for KD! I would have liked to see something a little larger, given the magnificence of the coaster it's essentially replacing, but I understand that the small Wing coasters pack a nice punch, so I'm excited to experience that! I also think it's a good fit for the park, and the area, and gives it something unique (and reliable) compared to BGW, and a different experience while BGW is launching people all over the place with their new Intamins. I will say, given its location in the Safari Village, that it gets a theme to go along with that, and offers an homage to Volcano, as well as great fly-by elements. I know that expecting CF to theme this much is foolhardy, but it'd be a nice surprise if it does have a mini-volcano it flies through or something. Regardless, it'll be interesting to follow this over the next year-plus and see what comes of it!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby hoppedup » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:01 am

Thunderbird is my favorite wing coaster I've ridden. I think a launched wing coaster would be great and would also give a tip of the cap to Volcano.
Parks: 21 | Coasters: 142 | Wood: 39 | Steel: 102 | Fiberglass: 1

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:04 am

^If the leak is real, there’s no launch.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:46 pm

I think he is just saying that one would be great.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!