Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Wed May 08, 2019 8:03 am

That pic looks like the ghetto version of pandora's islands

Fri May 10, 2019 5:42 am

Question regarding visiting KD when the school term is still ongoing.

My experience at Canada's Wonderland is that the park tends to be less busy on these days....and therefore Fastlane/Fastlane Plus becomes more of a "wait and see" type affair.

Would it be fair to say that this is the case at Kings Dominion? We are heading to the park on Monday June 3rd.....I normally always get Fastlane in advance for our travels, but this is the first trip for us in a while where we are travelling when it is still term time (outside of Disney/Universal) Given that I don't know the park or the area that well...seems best to ask here.

Fri May 10, 2019 5:44 am

I doubt that it'll be that busy on a Monday in early June.

Fri May 10, 2019 5:52 am

I doubt that it'll be that busy on a Monday in early June

Appreciated, thanks.

Fri May 10, 2019 7:21 am

Married a Canadian wrote:Question regarding visiting KD when the school term is still ongoing.

My experience at Canada's Wonderland is that the park tends to be less busy on these days....and therefore Fastlane/Fastlane Plus becomes more of a "wait and see" type affair.

Not a KD regular but last season I visited on a Monday in August before the new school term started and FL was not needed. I would take a wait and see approach.

Fri May 10, 2019 7:50 am

The main reason to get FastLane Plus was Volcano and now that's out of the equation.

Fri May 10, 2019 9:37 am

The main reason to get FastLane Plus was Volcano and now that's out of the equation

Don't remind me!! My son has already asked me to confirm whether Volcano really is done for good!! My fault for not getting to KD earlier!! We are both consoled with I305 and Twisted Timbers though...which are the two rides we are most looking forward to.

Thanks for the advice, appreciate it....and I will take the wait and see approach. I pretty much figured that it would be similar to Canada when the kids are still in school, but always good to get the local and expert opinion.

Fri May 10, 2019 9:41 am

Kings Dominion is still completely f*cking awesome even without Volcano. No question its one of the best parks on the east coast. You're gonna love it.

Sat May 11, 2019 10:50 am

How was the beer selection, Boldy?

Sun May 12, 2019 10:00 am

Married a Canadian wrote:
The main reason to get FastLane Plus was Volcano and now that's out of the equation

Don't remind me!! My son has already asked me to confirm whether Volcano really is done for good!! My fault for not getting to KD earlier!! We are both consoled with I305 and Twisted Timbers though...which are the two rides we are most looking forward to.

Thanks for the advice, appreciate it....and I will take the wait and see approach. I pretty much figured that it would be similar to Canada when the kids are still in school, but always good to get the local and expert opinion.

When I'm really skeptical of crowds, I usually try to give it until noon to make my decision, which almost always... well... always... ends up in favor of FL+. If you're like me, shaving 10-20 minutes off of queues to parks I rarely visit is worth it. It will probably be worth it for TT, alone if RMC hybrids are your thing.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS