Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1875 - What's New at Haunt for 2019?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:33 am

They’re pretty tight but honestly I don’t think they care about anything besides phones. You can fit keys and a phone easily though.

Anyway, moving on to things that matter...

B7447DA1-4FDC-4558-8A3D-5A8CC487C720.jpeg

This place is the greatest. I forgive them for Volcano. Putting in a craft beer bar with massive flights where you can watch Shenandoah Lumber Company be awesome all day is amazing. I feel like the park built this specifically for me. :lol:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:50 am

:lol:

Thanks! I was thinking with regards to my digital camera. I figured describing it as a wallet (same size) would be easiest to visualize. But most importantly the ride is great.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Gardaland & Mirabilandia

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:49 pm

That is a really great system for Twisted Timbers. Also, those flights look like more than 4 oz. Is that an illusion, or are they actually bigger?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby masterdmc232 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:04 pm

coasterbill wrote:We’re in line for Twisted Timbers now... it’s actually pretty clever.

If you set it off you get a red handstamp, if not you get a blue one. The ride ops check handstamps as they check the train and if you have one then they make sure you put your phone in the pouch. They get people through the metal detector quickly because you don’t need to clear it without setting it off, if you set it off they just stamp you and move on.

I was there yesterday as well. And I also noticed they are more biased to the regular line than the fastlane. The fast lane line was the longest I ever seen it yesterday at one point. Going well out of the station and down the stairs. When they switched ride ops it was alot of confusion as to who has what in there pocket and was their hands stamped before. Past the metal detector in the station it was mostly empty at points due to the one by one nature of the metal detetctor. people with phanny packs and small book bags are still handed blue sheets to put their stuff in the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo. I think the system is clever. But the wait times are gonna be horrendous during the summer .

In other news anaconda had a full queue well into the plaza at one point as well as i305. It also seems as though more and more ride ops are E-stopping all of the rides due to cell phones .

There is also a massive land clearing right behind the first turnaround on grizzly. Looks like it was done quite recently as it wasnt there opening day.

Postby coasterbill » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:32 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:That is a really great system for Twisted Timbers. Also, those flights look like more than 4 oz. Is that an illusion, or are they actually bigger?

Not an illusion :lol:

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Married a Canadian » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:46 pm

In the middle of planning for our trip to Virginia at the start of June (both KD and BGW). We are very much looking forward to it.

General query at this point, We have Platinum Seasons Passes for Canada's Wonderland, the aim this year being to use them for entry to KD also. Does anyone know if parking, which is included on them for CW, is also valid at KD (or any other Cedar Fair park for that matter) or is this specific only to the home park you purchased them for.
Top Rides:
1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Twisted Timbers 4 Apollo's Chariot 5 Skyrush 6 Maverick 7 Iron Rattler 8 Leviathan (front row) 9 Phantom's Revenge 10 Millennium Force 11 Manta 12 Saw The ride 13 Mako

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:50 pm

I got free parking last year with my Platinum Pass at each park.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Gardaland & Mirabilandia

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Married a Canadian » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:53 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:I got free parking last year with my Platinum Pass at each park.

Good to know thank you, one less thing to budget for!
Top Rides:
1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Twisted Timbers 4 Apollo's Chariot 5 Skyrush 6 Maverick 7 Iron Rattler 8 Leviathan (front row) 9 Phantom's Revenge 10 Millennium Force 11 Manta 12 Saw The ride 13 Mako

Postby coasterbill » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:54 pm

A platinum pass is a platinum pass, it doesn’t matter where you got it. You get all of the perks everywhere. This includes early entry.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:42 pm

coasterbill wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:That is a really great system for Twisted Timbers. Also, those flights look like more than 4 oz. Is that an illusion, or are they actually bigger?

Not an illusion :lol:

Excellent! :nina:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!