Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1858 - New shows & food for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby John Peck » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:12 pm

Speaking of SLC's.... If you all remember correctly, BOTH Serial Thriller at Geauga Lake AND Serial Thriller at Astroworld dropped a train off of their transfers opening season.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Rougarou » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:51 am

It Looks so different....
8DEF9605-D6C3-42AD-AFBA-0BC3A55A20E7.png
What’s wrong with this picture?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:41 am

It'll be interesting to see if the mountain eventually comes down with the ride or not since that was there long before the ride.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Parc Saint Paul &Lake Compounce

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:57 am

^ The mountain most likely will come down also. It is 40 years old and was looking a bit rough for the past few years.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RollerManic » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:59 pm

I imagine the mountain might have been the one of the biggest maintaince headaches of the ride, given it’s age and history.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby steamedturtle » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:45 pm

https://www.kingsdominion.com/blog/2019/renovating-an-icon

Kings Dominion just announced they repainted the Eiffel Tower and renovated the surrounding area over the off season.

They also said they are preparing the Eiffel Tower structure for a surprise TBA. Wonder what that could be..

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby steamedturtle » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:43 am

Checked out passholder preview yesterday. It was quite busy and an absolutely gorgeous day.

Here are some shots of the future Parched Pig. Looking forward to hanging out there.

20190324_125327.jpg

20190324_125340.jpg

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:12 pm

Kings Dominion shared some info on what's new for this season.

The Wait is Over- Kings Dominion Opens for the Season This Saturday
Park adds new festival, introduces upgraded food options and shows

DOSWELL, VA. (March 26, 2018) - Kings Dominion kicks off the 44th season with the return of family-fun and thrilling memories on March 30. Guests can experience the return of their favorite thrills include the park’s newest coaster, Twisted Timbers, which combines wood and steel for an unforgettable ride experience featuring gravity defying twists and turns.

In addition to more than 60 rides, shows and attractions, guest can delight in new food and beverage options, new entertainment, and immersive festivals throughout the season.

Carnivale 01.jpeg

New Festival
Experience Kings Dominion like you never have before when myth and magic join together to create the all-new Grand Carnivale. Guests can enjoy this new immersive festival every day June 15 through July 7 beginning at 5:00 p.m. to celebrate the sights, sounds, smells and tastes from cultures around the world including India, China, Italy, France and Germany. Grand Carnivale has something for everyone from crafts and games, to delectable food and drink, to live music and astounding entertainment. As the evening rolls in, the Spectacle of Color interactive electric light parade, complete with dazzling floats, authentic music and mesmerizing street performers dazzles guests as it makes its way through the park and ending at the base of the Eiffel Tower. Guests are invited to top off the night at the park’s Carnivale Street Party, a magnificent party filled with international music, magic and merrymaking until the park closes.

Carnivale 02.jpeg

New Food & Beverage Options
From Walking Chicken and Waffles to a Buffalo Chicken Pizza, guests can sample new flavors throughout the park. Those over the age of 21 can sit back and relax between the thrills at the park’s new taproom, The Parched Pig. Located in the Old Virginia section of the park, twelve local craft beers will rotate throughout the season and feature the park’s three exclusive beers by Center of the Universe, Kings Brew:

§ Kings Brew IPA
§ Kings Brew Lager
§ NEW in 2019 - Kings Brew Amber Lager

New Shows and Live Entertainment
A total of eight new shows will delight guests of all ages this season from two new shows in Planet Snoopy starting this spring to a brand new acrobatic show, Gravity: A Cirque Experience. Additionally, new live music and entertainment options will delight guests throughout Soak City and the Candy Apple Grove midways with top hits and classic favorites.

Guests can experience all of the fun and thrills this season, including unlimited visits to Grand Carnivale, Halloween Haunt and WinterFest, with a 2019 Gold Season Pass. Registration is now open for the free Kings Dominion Pre-K Pass which grants complimentary admission all season to kids ages 3 – 5. For a complete list of park hours, special events and to get the best deal on tickets and Season Passes, visit kingsdominion.com.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby BDD27 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:17 pm

Taking a weekend trip down to Kings Dominion and possibly Busch Gardens. Started out at the Dominion today. Finally after waiting years I managed to get on my first RMC! I gotta admit twisted timbers does not disappoint. The park ended up closing early at 5 due to rain but I will be back tomorrow. It looked like demo on Volcano continues and the covered shed at the end of the first launch is now completely gone, definitely gonna miss that ride. Not a bad day all in all, rainy but it was completely dead every ride was a walk on :b

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:27 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:It'll be interesting to see if the mountain eventually comes down with the ride

Wonder no more...

Source: KD Golden Years

Hot take... this sucks. This does not stop sucking. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!