Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1874 - Coconut Shores coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby CoasterAuditor » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:07 am

When I arrived at around 5:15pm the line to get in was the longest line I've ever soon to get in. I am sure Cedar Fair is probably very pleased with the turnout they had here Saturday.
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:48 am

Great report of WinterFest! I'm shocked they don't have the Eiffel Tower open. The lights look great.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Postby thrillrider » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:00 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Great report of WinterFest! I'm shocked they don't have the Eiffel Tower open. The lights look great.

I was thinking the same thing at kings island a few weeks ago. I imagine that you could get a great view of all the lights from the top.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:03 am

It might have something to do with the lights. Maybe they're concerned that people might fool with them.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:35 am

Great report, Chuck!

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:11 pm

Nice report! It looks like KD WinterFest has created a great event like Kings Island has. The lights look great and there are some nice offerings for family as well. It's rough when it's so cold but I'm glad they have a couple coasters open as well. Didn't sound like Flight of Fear was open, maybe next year?
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:14 pm

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:Nice report! It looks like KD WinterFest has created a great event like Kings Island has. The lights look great and there are some nice offerings for family as well. It's rough when it's so cold but I'm glad they have a couple coasters open as well. Didn't sound like Flight of Fear was open, maybe next year?

Flight of Fear has the issue of being very far in the back of Safari Village which that entire section is not open for Winterfest.
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:28 pm

CoasterAuditor wrote:
RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:Nice report! It looks like KD WinterFest has created a great event like Kings Island has. The lights look great and there are some nice offerings for family as well. It's rough when it's so cold but I'm glad they have a couple coasters open as well. Didn't sound like Flight of Fear was open, maybe next year?

Flight of Fear has the issue of being very far in the back of Safari Village which that entire section is not open for Winterfest.

Flight of Fear was closed last year for us but this year they opened it and added lighting in that area as well as opening and lighting the path that goes from Diamondback past Vortex toward FoF. Yes, yours is even more set back than ours but you never know. If WinterFest is a huge success I could see them scaling up and maybe someday adding some lighted trail or themed area or something with the endpoint being Flight of Fear.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:37 pm

Winterfest stopped at the entrance to Safari Village, but if the event's a big enough hit, who knows? (Busch Gardens' Christmas Town gradually absorbed the whole park over its ten-year run.)

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:41 pm

Wow, that looks really fun! Some great character costumes and makeup. Nice touches all over the place. Cracked up at Falala llama.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!