Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1875 - What's New at Haunt for 2019?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby Mossed » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:30 pm

I'm almost as excited for this as I am for Steel Vengeance. 2018 is going to be a phenomenal coaster year.
Top 10 - 1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Intimidator 305 3.) Maverick. 4.) Lightning Rod 5.) Fury325 6.) Phoenix 7.) Twisted Colossus 8.) Taron 9.) Millennium Force 10.) Expedition GeForce

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby TBpony414 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:53 pm

CoasterAuditor wrote:
Mike240SX wrote:I went last year on closing-weekend-Saturday and crowds did get nuts by like 1:00. I'll be going this Saturday as well, and have fully budgeted for FL+ and Fright Lane.

1pm? Geesh gonna have to get the family members who haven't ridden Intimidator 305 yet over there early.

Assuming they're running 2 trains on I305, even with the queue completely full it's only about a 35 minute wait. Obviously it's longer for the front row but the back is where it's at anyway. You should be able to get plenty of rides in - but head there early if you want to get on Volcano!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Mike240SX » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:02 pm

At KD now and it's absolutely insane. I305s line is all the way out to Safari Village, Dominator is showing 2 hours on the App, all of the haunts are well outside their designated queues, hell ev n Anaconda was out the gate. Glad I got on everything I wanted to last night and this morning. I had budgeted for Fast lane but am just gonna go back and chill in the hotel, maybe try going back after 10.
DSC_0373.JPG
Anaconda line at around 6:15
DSC_0374.JPG
Line to pay for parking at 6:50.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 145
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:21 am

I went yesterday and I305 was the only good coaster with a manageable line until I assume after I left at 5pm. Volcanos line was up to THREE HOURS when I left. Look Volcano is cool but three HOURS? Hard pass. Dominator was 2+ hours most of the day as well. There was a long period where FOF had a 2 hour wait. Delirium had an hour wait as well. Absolutely insane. I didn’t choose to make our family KD day a Saturday in October no say in that matter. Looking forward to Twisted Timbers in the Spring!
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby TBpony414 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:19 am

Those lines sound almost as bad as my visit to Great Adventure on Friday! It was an absolute madhouse.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby perabear » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:55 am

WOW. I thought about going yesterday so I could spend a full day at the park but from the looks of it I'm glad I chose to go on Friday night. The crowds were light to moderate so I was able to do almost everything I wanted to do plus a few flats and all the mazes aside from Tollway Terror. Speaking of mazes I expected Blood on the Bayou to be up there being that it was the new for 2017. However, it was one of the weakest in terms of scares but the sets are among some of the most elaborate I've ever seen in a maze! In terms of the best maze though, Lockdown easily takes the cake. The jump scares were real in that one. (at least from my experience)

One thing I did want to note is I don't remember Grizzly being as rough as it was. I came off sore afterwards as everything after tunnel was brutal to my thighs. Would be great if they re-tracked it. Aside from that, I had a great night at the park!! Looking forward to riding TT next season!!
Home Park: Kings Dominion & Busch Gardens Williamsburg

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby BeansproutMidget » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:19 am

Had multiple friends who visited the park yesterday and warned them to beware. I've been through that last Saturday a handful of times; we used to visit with our FastPass+, but we now tend to go on Columbus Day weekend. Three hours for Volcano...that's something.

perabear wrote: I expected Blood on the Bayou to be up there being that it was the new for 2017. However, it was one of the weakest in terms of scares but the sets are among the most elaborate I've ever seen in a maze!

I too was disappointed with Blood on the Bayou. My party agreed that while the set was very good, the lighting was so dim we could barely see certain parts (then again, we were the first group to go of the night). Though, the area inside that building is small; if you fill it with a lot of actors, I think it would feel crowded. But, that's just me.

No Vacancy is still my favorite maze in the park. Lockdown is a close second, though.

Random question; has anyone gone through Blackout after it was moved? If so, has it changed? Last year we waited for quite awhile after hearing about Kings Island's version and was very disappointed. We didn't bother with it this year, and instead got more I305 laps.
1. Maverick
What a wonderful day to go ride a giga...
Kings Dominion Ride Attendant(2018) - Intimidator 305

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Vigil » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:02 pm

I went a few weeks ago with a few of my friends, and I thought this year's event was the strongest I've been to between BG and KD in the past five years. I thought all of the mazes were fantastic with a lot of scares in every one. Blood on the Bayou's theming is amazing and was a little low on scares the first time I went through but was great the second time. Even Tollway Terror got us several times. Zombie High was the only one that's a little tired at this point because it's been there the longest.

Blackout was the highlight of our night and the group's favorite by far. We went through twice, and it was ridiculously good both times. Despite hearing middling reviews of the maze last year, my friend and I also really liked it then too. I just really appreciate it's simple concept that works really well.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:48 am

A nice new construction update for you weirdos to jerk off to.

https://www.kingsdominion.com/blog/2017/october-construction-update

TT1.jpg

TT2.jpg

TT3.jpg

TT4.jpg

TT5.jpg

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby dakota381 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:17 am

:lover: :lover: :lover: :lover:
Wood: 27 Steel: 102 Total: 129
http://coaster-count.com/list19687.xhtml

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!