Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1875 - What's New at Haunt for 2019?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby Crosshairs007 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:46 pm

Apparently, there was an event yesterday called ACE'S Fall Thrillfest. Here is the following information that is confirmed by Gary Chadwick and the RMC Crews.

1) There will be theming in the queue. He said they were building a huge prop for the entrance, and planned to include decorations throughout the line, as well. The queue itself will be taking advantage of the existing structure but will be shortened.

2) The trackwork for Twisted Timbers will start to pick up speed starting next week.

3) For the information about Winterfest, the majority of Safari Village will be closed. He said that they will try to keep many of the remaining attractions open as possible, depending on the weather.

4)For the other information about the park in general. Gary Chadwick emphasized that he considers Log Flume to be an important part of the collection of the park, he promised to fight to protect the Log Flume, if Cedar Fair corporate ever moves to take it down. He confirmed that Dino's Alive is "extinct". He also said that space, where Dino's Alive is, could be used for a cool attraction. Gary Chadwick was asked which ride is the most expensive to operate. He responded that in terms of return on investment, the Crypt costs the most resources. He seemed fairly negative about the ride in general. So, the Crypt day's will be numbered.

All the information credit to Parkfans.net.
Coaster Counter: 68 Parks Counter: 8
Steel:56
Wood:11

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:02 pm

This Gary Chadwick guy seems like a pretty cool dude :lol:

PS: On the subject of Shenandoah Lumber Company, we made our annual visit to the park today and I thought it was awesome to see a 20 minute line built up for a Flume in October. Kings Dominion's clientele sure seems to appreciate greatness when they see it. As always, the ride was f*cking spectacular. ;)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:53 am

The Crypt does seem to have a lot of issues.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Keetz » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Crosshairs007 wrote:
2) The trackwork for Twisted Timbers will start to pick up speed starting next week.

It looks like most of the ledgers are placed. I wouldn't be surprised if the track work gets completed in a month or two. Did anyone ask on a timeline?

I'm super excited for Twisted Timbers. I love that the layout is super focused on airtime. Opening day can't come soon enough!
| Lightning Rod | Skyrush | El Toro | Intimidator 305 | Maverick |

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:03 am

I would be kind of bummed out if The Crypt was removed but it makes sense it seems to have considerable downtime compared to other rides in the park. I hope if they take it out they add more large flat rides in because I do like parks with at least 3-5 larger flats.
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby TBpony414 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:31 am

Keetz wrote:I'm super excited for Twisted Timbers. I love that the layout is super focused on airtime. Opening day can't come soon enough!

I'm really excited for TT as well. For me, the coaster doesn't have to be the biggest and baddest and fastest (although that's certainly nice) and twistiest to be awesome. Hopefully it has somewhat speedy dispatches because I'm anticipating it to be a massive hit with the general parkgoers.

CoasterAuditor wrote:I would be kind of bummed out if The Crypt was removed but it makes sense it seems to have considerable downtime compared to other rides in the park. I hope if they take it out they add more large flat rides in because I do like parks with at least 3-5 larger flats.

Not only does The Crypt have a lot of downtime but that whole area smells awful from the gas for the fire effect and it makes me (and others) kind of sick. People love watching it run though, when it's operating. I rode it once several years ago and came off not knowing what universe I was in for the next hour or so which is unfortunate because I enjoyed it. What sort of flats would you like to see put in? I'd absolutely love a massive S&S Screaming Swing like SkyHawk at CP. That's the only flat ride that gets me legitimately nervous because it goes so dang high and right over the walkways! In a dream world there would be some super spap-able flyers instead of those miserable ones by the antique cars with operations that rival the crew on Bizarro at SFGAdv. I'm also a huge fan of Condors but I know that'd never happen either :lmao:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:19 pm

I'd love to see a Mondial Top Scan although not necessarily in Safari Village. I absolutely would LOVE an S&S Screamin Swing I rode the Barnstormer at Dollywood and now I want every park everywhere to build them but one hasn't been put up in years.
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Postby alilstronger » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:30 pm

CoasterAuditor wrote:I'd love to see a Mondial Top Scan although not necessarily in Safari Village. I absolutely would LOVE an S&S Screamin Swing I rode the Barnstormer at Dollywood and now I want every park everywhere to build them but one hasn't been put up in years.

Screaming Swing for the win! One of the scariest flat rides I ever rode.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:32 pm

I could literally ride screaming swings all day. Win the lottery? First thing I'm buying. Best one is CPs.

Postby alilstronger » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:35 pm

boldikus wrote:I could literally ride screaming swings all day. Win the lottery? First thing I'm buying. Best one is CPs.

YES! The only one by me was Dorney. Everytime I went my friends thought I was silly for paying the extra fee to ride it. I like it that much. Cedar Point's is good. I think Kennywood's and Lake Compounce's are nice too.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!