Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1870 - Grand Carnivale at Kings Dominion
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby AstrumSpark » Tue May 02, 2017 11:33 am

Damn that sounds good!
1.Fury 325 2.Intimidator 305 3.Apollo's Chariot 4.El Toro 5.Millennium Force 6.Diamondback 7.Skyrush 8.Maverick 9.Phantom's Revenge 10.Volcano

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:22 pm

I'm planning on visiting the park for the first time ever next weekend, food and wine will only sweeten the trip even more :lover:
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:41 pm

Is Taste Of Virginia the new Spring Bloom Festival where they offered the different ethnic food offerings for the past couple of years?

Seems like they might be somewhat limited in terms of what they can do with Virginia-esque type of foods, but I certainly like the sounds of Virginia-based beer and wine offerings. It's always nice to try out some of the local micros when visiting a long distance park.

Hope to see a report from the festival (hint, hint, Chuck)! ;)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed May 03, 2017 6:27 pm

^I think it is a different version of the Spring Bloom Festival, which had some good offerings. I'm hoping to get up there one day for it, but I'm booked up this weekend.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby dchang11 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:04 am

Thinking of going to KD on Sunday. How are the crowds at this time of the year?

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby BeansproutMidget » Thu May 04, 2017 9:30 am

dchang11 wrote:Thinking of going to KD on Sunday. How are the crowds at this time of the year?

If it's Sunday, you're fine. Crowds should be minimal (the only exception may be Volcano). Waits shouldn't be that bad either.
1. Maverick
What a wonderful day to go ride a giga...
Kings Dominion Ride Attendant(2018) - Intimidator 305

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby mjollner » Thu May 04, 2017 4:12 pm

dchang11 wrote:Thinking of going to KD on Sunday. How are the crowds at this time of the year?

Hey, I think I'm going there on Sunday too...

Main act just cancelled their date in Richmond, so we have an offday. Seeing how Kings Dominion is just down the street, and it's not like it's a park I'd travel all the way from Sweden to visit. It'd be pretty stupid not to go...
=)

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby bill_s » Thu May 04, 2017 5:16 pm

^^-- with the current forecast for cloudy and cool, expect to ride your ass off.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby AstrumSpark » Sat May 06, 2017 4:32 pm

Something interesting: the 50s theme appears to be going bye-bye in that back section of Candy Apple Grove, as evident by the removal of the props in and around the diner and the removal of theming in that one shop.

Can't say I'm too upset. It seemed very tacky. Hopefully this means that the diner becomes a better eatery.
1.Fury 325 2.Intimidator 305 3.Apollo's Chariot 4.El Toro 5.Millennium Force 6.Diamondback 7.Skyrush 8.Maverick 9.Phantom's Revenge 10.Volcano

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sun May 07, 2017 7:00 am

Alright, someone that lives in Virginia should know better than me. We're thinking of doing a 2-day trip to hit Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens on May 29th and 30th. Am I a complete and total psychopath thinking of visiting the park on Memorial Day? Should we just wait an extra week and hit the parks on June 5th and 6th?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!