Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1870 - Grand Carnivale at Kings Dominion
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby AstrumSpark » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:16 pm

^Kind of interesting how they're going about it. This could be the first ever part conversion, part ground-up RMC.

I think this is going to provide an El Toro-type experience where the focus is on ejector airtime but with 2-3 inversions.

And for the name/theme I can see another interesting name with a backstory like Cedar Fair has been doing recently.

I really like the name "Desperado" as it perfectly describes an RMC but I don't know if CF would want it to share the name of a pretty significant hypercoaster.
1.Fury 325 2.Intimidator 305 3.Apollo's Chariot 4.El Toro 5.Millennium Force 6.Diamondback 7.Skyrush 8.Maverick 9.Phantom's Revenge 10.Volcano

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Chasehat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:19 pm

I may be hitting up KD for the first time ever later this summer. Any tips for the park and where should I sit on I305 for the best first ride?
Top 10 coasters
1. El Toro
2. Superman (SFNE)
3. Steel Vengance
4. Skyrush
5. Maverick
6. Millennium Force
7. Wicked Cyclone
8. Storm Chaser
9. Boulder Dash
10. Fury 325

GUACAMOLE IS MY FRIEND

Postby Fooz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:23 pm

The front is the best but the line for it gets looooooong. Early morning right after Volcano is a good shot at it.

Everywhere on the train is good, the middle is really underrated IMO.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:35 pm

Chasehat wrote:Any tips for the park and where should I sit on I305 for the best first ride?

I don't really have a preference, it's amazing in every seat. The only ride in that park where I have a strong seating preference is Dominator where you ABSOLUTELY need to sit in the back row and on the left (far) side of the train.
Last edited by coasterbill on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:49 am.

I am stupid.

Postby I love pie » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:19 pm

RollerManic wrote:I hope we can still agree that the BTR zero-g''s are the poo-poo, though.

BTR's Zero G did nothing for me. The only Zero G Roll on a invert that I've ridden that actually provided airtime is the on found on The Hungarian Horntail side of Dragon Challenge.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby CP Maverick » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:48 pm

coasterbill wrote:
Chasehat wrote:Any tips for the park and where should I sit on I305 for the best first ride?

I don't really have a preference, it's amazing in every seat and every seat. The only ride in that park where I have a strong seating preference is Dominator where you ABSOLUTELY need to sit in the back row and on the left (far) side of the train.

Glad I got that seat broken in for you back when it was down the street from me...
Original Maverick '99

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:43 am

Fooz wrote:The front is the best but the line for it gets looooooong. Early morning right after Volcano is a good shot at it.

Everywhere on the train is good, the middle is really underrated IMO.

The back seat is great on I305--crazy airtime on that first drop.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:50 pm

Quick question for anyone familiar with the park.

I'll be heading to the park in early August this year, and I was wondering if one full day (likely a Sunday) with FastLane+ should be plenty to cover everything? We're driving up from Charlotte the day before, and we want to make sure we have two full days for BGW after this park.
Steel: 172 / Wood: 32 / Total: 204
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:55 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:Quick question for anyone familiar with the park.

I'll be heading to the park in early August this year, and I was wondering if one full day (likely a Sunday) with FastLane+ should be plenty to cover everything? We're driving up from Charlotte the day before, and we want to make sure we have two full days for BGW after this park.

Quick answer.

Yes.
That coaster dad [331] and that coaster kiddo [183]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Storm Runner. Banshee. Top Thrill Dragster. Valravn. Apollo's Chariot.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:42 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:Quick question for anyone familiar with the park.

Honestly, if you arrive at opening (on a sunday) and hit volcano first you wont even really need the fast lane.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!