Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1874 - Coconut Shores coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:30 pm

I'm sure that's not even close to being true but honestly nobody would care if it was. None of the wood coasters at Kings Dominion are standouts but that is clearly the worst of the three. Grizzly is the only one we ever bother riding.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:41 pm

coasterbill wrote:I'm sure that's not even close to being true but honestly nobody would care if it was. None of the wood coasters at Kings Dominion are standouts but that is clearly the worst of the three. Grizzly is the only one we ever bother riding.

I didn't care for it when I rode it back in June. I enjoyed grizzly as well.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:42 pm

coasterbill wrote:I'm sure that's not even close to being true but honestly nobody would care if it was. None of the wood coasters at Kings Dominion are standouts but that is clearly the worst of the three. Grizzly is the only one we ever bother riding.

No Woodstock Express cult? At all?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Password121 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:46 pm

RollerManic wrote:

No Woodstock Express cult? At all?

Woodstock Express is my number two to Skull Mountain. Honest to God it's my favorite wood coaster in the park because it has one ridiculous moment of ejector air in the back.

Actually wait that's Skull Mountain too lol.
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby TBpony414 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:28 pm

Love me some Woodstock Express! We ride it every visit.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Bmanscool » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:17 am

RollerManic wrote:

Rebel Yell is one of the best coasters at Kings Dominion!
It's smooth, fun, and full of airtime hills. It's amazing how it races and lines up with the midway of
Candy Apple Grove!
Last edited by Bmanscool on Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:40 pm.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Bmanscool » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:32 am

Delirium testing! (From Kings Dominion's Twitter page:)
image.jpeg
Last edited by Bmanscool on Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:43 pm.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby coneyislandchris » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:53 am

Grizzly is great but I loved Rebel Yell. It's all airtime all the way, plus I have a serious soft spot for racers.

As far as Hurler goes? I hope the "maintenance" involves a few cans of kerosene and an ignition source.
That coaster dad [333] and that coaster kiddo [193]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Storm Runner. Banshee. Top Thrill Dragster. Valravn. Superman: Ultimate Flight.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby bill_s » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:46 am

I used to love Hurler back when it was much better and you guys still hated it. And *I* find it horrible now. So yeah, they need to do something. It would make sense for it to just sit there until they do, even though that's kind of lame to be down 2 coasters from last year. Please KD, if you do that, put the extra crew on RY and Grizzly! Slow ops and closed rides is a "Really?"

Re: delirium, in all my webcam watching I never saw a full test, but looks like one in that picture.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby Sythe » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:06 am

I hope hurler will be taken down honestly. I have even heard GP pointing out that it is a bad ride. I think it's the only ride left in the park that I want to see taken down. (Although, I've never been a big fan of backlot either...)
I think that if a new coaster comes in 2017 it should be there. They could also fix up the area by adding a new entrance to the waterpark. Also, if it's a tall enough coaster and goes out far enough to the west, it might just be visible from I-95? :o
Although they don't have to add a new coaster, maybe they will have GCI retrack it like they are doing with ghostrider at Knott's?
I honestly don't know... But I just really hope that this is more than just hurler maintenance...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!