Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1874 - Coconut Shores coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby Sythe » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:10 am

DoinItForTheFame wrote:
thrillseeker4552 wrote:Um...

Same. Not sure how this "news article" is suppose to be "funny." To me it's just . . . Stupid.

Geez, get a sense of humor people! :P it's pretty funny to me. And who knows, maybe Kings Dominion will add this after their 900 foot Intamin launched 200mph inverted woodie!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby Password121 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:12 am

^In 'Murican talk, that's about $3 million for the HUSS model, excluding foundations.
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Re: BREAKING PARODY NEWS: KINGS DOMINION TO REINSTALL SHOCKW

Postby FaithPlus1 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:19 am

certifiedcoastergeek wrote:This news article shared from LegitSatireNewsNetwork (DISCLAIMER: this is a parody)
-SATURDAY, MARCH 5TH-
KINGS DOMINION TO REINSTALL SHOCKWAVE
IN a surprise move Saturday morning, popular Virginia amusement park Kings Dominion announced that it will reopen the previously closed "Shockwave" roller coaster. The park, which last year announced its plans to remove the unpopular Shockwave roller coaster, stated today that the ride will instead be modified to travel backwards and literally fly off the rails at the apex of a half-loop, killing everyone on board.
A park spokesperson explained: "Previously, to ride the Shockwave, male riders had to accept that they were facing a pretty significant risk. Now, regardless of gender, all park guests can reconsider their life choices one last time on Shockwave's Revenge. Since not all parts of the ride could be recovered from the local scrap metal company, and because of the all-new Delirium's somewhat-intrusive footprint, we partnered with Mondial to make the ride run backwards, rougher than ever, and efficiently off the rails. The new trains, designed by Mondial, will be constructed of cardboard and lacking safety restraints. Shockwave's Revenge will be reserved for guests that pay the $10 fee and sign the liability waivers but primarily for particularly unruly guests. FastLane Plus: Crash and Burn will also be available for the ride. More information is available at http://www.kingsdominion.com/shockwavesrevenge. Shockwave's Revenge is presented by Final Destination 3."
The park provided this rendering of the restored ride:
shockwaveexecutioner.jpg

*THIS IS A PARODY*

:lmao:

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby bill_s » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:33 am

Lots of activity on the webcam yesterday, put in queue railings and by now they're all in place (although might not be permanent because they put a bunch yesterday and then moved them). And I saw the ride MOVE yesterday morning (edit: AND today, interesting..) -- not far but was a surprisingly OMG moment -- it may be all tested for all I know, but this looked more like they wanted to test power they're hooking up. I'm feeling more involved and interested by watching (despite it occupying the former location of The Irreplacable Shockwave ;) ). There's a lot involved and a lot of landscaping left to do. The preview shot is only from about 2 weeks ago and you can really see progress now, compared.

There's an excavation on the right of the ride that looks like a building could go there although they just put topsoil over it, they're doing more with that now but weren't before. The ditch or whatever to the left is also new... I saw irrigation put in between the ride and the building, I think they put it in when there will be little access due to high ride fences. The ride is also lit in blaze of light every night now, haven't seen anything but could be doing hookups or testing.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:37 am

Lots of action today. The ride is testing (though not yet running a full cycle) and you can see the incredible amount of work being done around the ride. It looks like they're putting the cars back on the Troika too.

Postby Password121 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:15 am

It looks like a pretty massive rectangular area has been dug out in the empty space right next to Delirium. They put down sod everywhere except where Shockwaves lift had been. I'm thinking this could be a Slingshot opening in the summer but that's just a guess.

Seems So Surreal

Postby mike541x » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:45 am

From KD's Facebook:

1910583_10153315789596875_5416464676075502502_n.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:52 am

Looking good!!!

Postby Password121 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:45 am

Password121 wrote:It looks like a pretty massive rectangular area has been dug out in the empty space right next to Delirium. They put down sod everywhere except where Shockwaves lift had been. I'm thinking this could be a Slingshot opening in the summer but that's just a guess.

And... Never mind. The pattern in the dirt made it look like a hole. It's been laid wth sod.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:25 pm

Saw on Facebook about a rumor that hurler might be down all season for "maintenence."
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!