Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1875 - What's New at Haunt for 2019?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I donut like this custom title :(

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby yay101 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:52 am

Superbatboy wrote:What's the cost of one of these monsters?

I do not know for sure but probably under $10 million, probably about $5-7 million, but don't quote me on that I don't know for sure.
Favourite Coaster: Steel Vengeance
Other Favourites: SkyRush, Storm Chaser, Lightning Run, Magnum XL-200, Voyage, Apollo's Chariot, Phoenix, Outlaw Run, and Storm Runner

Obsessed with S&S Screamin Swings

If Magnum XL-200 dies we riot

Hello Kitty is not a cat. Hello Kitty is god. You exist only at Hello Kitty's pleasure. Crawl like drugged roaches before her splendor

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby palmerleeberry » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:14 pm

After seeing the updated pictures of Delirium, I almost wet my pants with joy. :oops:

Seasons ago I would have to travel to Kings Island and Cedar Point to ride this type of ride, but not anymore. I haven't been this X-Cite-Ted about a flat ride since 2002 when Triple Spin AKA Bad Apple debuted.

'Cuse me as I go use the bathroom.

:pillow: "You better go use the bathroom. If I can't stand tears on me, then you know I can't stand wee-wee!"

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby WOFanatic » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:23 pm

yay101 wrote:

I do not know for sure but probably under $10 million, probably about $5-7 million, but don't quote me on that I don't know for sure.

I´d guess around $4 million since Windseekers are $6 million and are way bigger/more complex (I´m guessing).
Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Maverick 3. Monster (Adventureland) 4. Outlaw Run 5. Beast 6. Storm Chaser (Kentucky Kingdom) 7. Incredible Hulk 8. Goliath (Great America) 9. Mystic Timbers 10. Rougarou

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

BREAKING PARODY NEWS: KINGS DOMINION TO REINSTALL SHOCKWAVE

Postby certifiedcoastergeek » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:44 am

This news article shared from LegitSatireNewsNetwork (DISCLAIMER: this is a parody)
-SATURDAY, MARCH 5TH-
KINGS DOMINION TO REINSTALL SHOCKWAVE
IN a surprise move Saturday morning, popular Virginia amusement park Kings Dominion announced that it will reopen the previously closed "Shockwave" roller coaster. The park, which last year announced its plans to remove the unpopular Shockwave roller coaster, stated today that the ride will instead be modified to travel backwards and literally fly off the rails at the apex of a half-loop, killing everyone on board.
A park spokesperson explained: "Previously, to ride the Shockwave, male riders had to accept that they were facing a pretty significant risk. Now, regardless of gender, all park guests can reconsider their life choices one last time on Shockwave's Revenge. Since not all parts of the ride could be recovered from the local scrap metal company, and because of the all-new Delirium's somewhat-intrusive footprint, we partnered with Mondial to make the ride run backwards, rougher than ever, and efficiently off the rails. The new trains, designed by Mondial, will be constructed of cardboard and lacking safety restraints. Shockwave's Revenge will be reserved for guests that pay the $10 fee and sign the liability waivers but primarily for particularly unruly guests. FastLane Plus: Crash and Burn will also be available for the ride. More information is available at http://www.kingsdominion.com/shockwavesrevenge. Shockwave's Revenge is presented by Final Destination 3."
The park provided this rendering of the restored ride:
shockwaveexecutioner.jpg
Excited guests are "off the rails" for Shockwave's Revenge!

*THIS IS A PARODY*
Credit Counter: 75 (72 Operating, 3 Defunct)
1. Intimidator 305 2. Millennium Force 3. Top Thrill Dragster 4. Volcano, the Blast Coaster 5. Maverick
6. Xcelerator 7. Steel Force 8. Griffon 9. Phantom's Revenge 9. Intimidator 10. Fury 325

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:24 pm

Um...
giphy.gif
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby TB305 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:48 pm

Typically parody is filed under the comedy genre, though I see now that parody is being used in the cringe department as well.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:03 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:Um...

Same. Not sure how this "news article" is suppose to be "funny." To me it's just . . . Stupid.
Bigger is not always better.

Seems So Surreal

Postby mike541x » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:22 am

DoinItForTheFame wrote: To me it's just . . . Stupid.

Welcome to the Kings Dominion thread.

I_Am_Banned_0

Postby madmax » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:31 am

TB305 wrote:Typically parody is filed under the comedy genre, though I see now that parody is being used in the cringe department as well.

I've seen furry conventions less cringeworthy than that post.

But no hard feelings.
I'm an idiot

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby linearinduction » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:09 am

WOFanatic wrote:
yay101 wrote:

I´d guess around $4 million since Windseekers are $6 million and are way bigger/more complex (I´m guessing).

_Koppen contacted HUSS and Zamperla about 5 Years ago and received the List Price for the HUSS Giant Frisbee at €2.1 Million, including shipping, and the Zamperla Giant Discovery at €1.9 Million, without shipping. These costs were for the ride systems only and did not include the cost of foundations, etc. The main difference in price was the more powerful machinery on the HUSS unit.
Don't You Know Who I Am? LagoonisFun.com

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!