Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1870 - Grand Carnivale at Kings Dominion
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:41 am

To be fair, the first drop and the loop were fun, if you were standing in the front row.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Ape » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:42 am

I can't give it any compliment.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JRice92 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:48 am

I'm glad I got to ride it last year on my visit, but I'm not sad to see it go. I'm looking forward to hearing whatever KD's future expansion will be!
2015 Ride Host - Millennium Force
2016 Team Leader - Millennium Force
2017 Ride Supervisor - Valravn
2018 Ride Supervisor - Top Thrill Dragster

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby blk_mamba » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:58 am

Kings Dominion finally pulled the trigger on Shockwave :) . I have way to many credits on this ride than I care to admit because Kings Dominion is in my region and I never remember this being an enjoyable ride and I always remember thinking why did I get on this thing and when will the banging stop. I am sad to see it go because the coaster count will be going down at Kings Dominion but other than that, good call on their part.

:lmao: Lets the specualat-o-poolza begin! :lmao:

1. B&M Winged coaster- Shockwave has a small footprint but there is land near the ride to make space a larger roller coaster near where the Blue Ridge Tollway sits.
2. Upcharge attraction- Grumble, grumble...
3. A legit thrill ride like a Frisbee or a Super Swing.

My bets are with the coaster to cap off the 2 years 40th anniversary celebration.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby DonkeysWaffles » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:03 am

blk_mamba wrote:Kings Dominion finally pulled the trigger on Shockwave :) . I have way to many credits on this ride than I care to admit because Kings Dominion is in my region and I never remember this being an enjoyable ride and I always remember thinking why did I get on this thing and when will the banging stop. I am sad to see it go because the coaster count will be going down at Kings Dominion but other than that, good call on their part.

:lmao: Lets the specualat-o-poolza begin! :lmao:

1. B&M Winged coaster- Shockwave has a small footprint but there is land near the ride to make space a larger roller coaster near where the Blue Ridge Tollway sits.
2. Upcharge attraction- Grumble, grumble...
3. A legit thrill ride like a Frisbee or a Super Swing.

My bets are with the coaster to cap off the 2 years 40th anniversary celebration.

It should be a launched B&M wingrider because they are way more intense than the regular wingrider. It could be like Kingd Dominion's own Maverick.
TheAnimatorOfficial
Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens forever!

1. Fury 325
2. Intimidator 305
3. El Toro
4. Apollo's Chariot
5. Skyrush

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby redfoot12 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:05 am

cfc wrote:To be fair, the first drop and the loop were fun, if you were standing in the front row.

I loved this ride 25 years ago.
5 years ago I probably would have been first on a "Taer it down!" campaign.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby mhuffva » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:07 am

Given the early dismantling of Shockwave, I can think of few possibilities:

1) The ride is being scrapped.
A. New attraction(s) being added for 2016 on that site.
B. Site will set empty for 2016 and 2016 attraction(s) installed somewhere else.
C. Site will set empty for 2016 and that 2016 is another "off" year for park attractions being added at KD.

2) The ride has been sold
(See A-C above)

I heard a few folks state on other sites that ShockWave's supports were re-painted/touched up this season. If that information is true, then I would lean toward the coaster being sold.

As far as A. though C. goes, I am going to keep an open mind. I am not too keen on another coaster being crammed into that site. Of the 3 Togo Standup coasters in the old KECO park chain, KD's was the shortest in length; due to the limited land they had available to work with. I could see part of the land used for a larger coaster to pass through that area; with the rest of the land used for some future flat ride(s). I never locked in my head that 2016 was a coaster year anyway. I thought 2017 would be viable for a new coaster.

Should be interesting to see what we get for next season.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby redfoot12 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:09 am

Ultimate irony for me would be if it gets sold to Elitch Gardens.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:12 am

Didn't seem like there is THAT much space when we watched it a couple of weeks ago (actually RIDE it?. . oh hell no).

I seriously doubt a new coaster is coming in, as KD has a lot of them, and the only thing that would really fit there is a mouse -- which KD already has (so unless they are going to move the mouse there. .. . .and open up THAT space?).

Considering they said they wanted to expand Candy Apple Grove?. . I think you're looking at 2 (maybe 3) new Flats.

one of which is definitely a Frisbee sort ride (KD doesn't have one), or perhaps a Round-up (that would fit in well with the themeing there)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:17 am

If a coaster isn't replacing ShockWave, I believe we could definitely see a Disk'O coaster. To be honest though, with it being removed so early in the season it is only because of one of these reasons: 1) New coaster OR 2) Sold and moved to another chain/park by a certain date.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!