Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

P. 1882: The Crypt officially closed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Vagina Wreckage

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby Barge84 » Tue May 26, 2015 3:57 pm

bert425 wrote:do the KD coasters accommodate guests of a larger size?

I know that the Cedar Fair parks typically have some big=boy seats.

I'm about the same as I was last year for our Penn. trip, and I had no trouble there, but just trying to plan ahead for any disappointment :)

The last 2 rows of Volcano are a little more forgiving for some reason. I-305 is pretty roomy, so you shouldn't have to worry. Someone else already mentioned the big boy seats on Dominator. I think you'll be fine.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Tue May 26, 2015 4:04 pm

^^ thanks :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby DonkeysWaffles » Tue May 26, 2015 4:40 pm

certifiedcoastergeek wrote:
#UseProperGrammarPlease wrote:
DonkeysWaffles wrote:1. I don't see Millennium Force anywhere in that image.
2. Also, all of Worlds of Fun's major rides are depicted.
3. I think that KD will receive a coaster in 2016.
4. Cedar Fair goes through a cycle when it comes to their bigger parks, and KD is next in line.

Capturemilleniumforce.JPG

2. Worlds of Fun doesn't have a B&M hyper or gigacoaster.
Capture478.JPG

3. With Cedar Point receiving an uber-expensive B&M dive coaster in 2016, you can forget any coaster above the size and price tag of a Triotech hitting Kings Dominion in 2016.
4. Cedar Fair rejected Kings Dominion when the park was due for a coaster in 2014, and again in 2015. It seems like they want to milk Intimidator 305 and clever marketing ploys as long as possible.

It's not definite that Cedar Point is getting a dive coaster this year. Cedar Fair loves to fool us sometimes. They could be getting a TrioTech for all we know. Remember KI's 2014 Giga Coaster? Anyways, Kings Dominion will be getting something big for 2016. There's no way one of CF's major parks is going to be abandoned.
TheAnimatorOfficial
Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens forever!

1. Fury 325
2. Intimidator 305
3. El Toro
4. Apollo's Chariot
5. Skyrush

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby certifiedcoastergeek » Tue May 26, 2015 5:13 pm

Barge84 wrote:
bert425 wrote:do the KD coasters accommodate guests of a larger size?

I know that the Cedar Fair parks typically have some big=boy seats.

I'm about the same as I was last year for our Penn. trip, and I had no trouble there, but just trying to plan ahead for any disappointment :)

The last 2 rows of Volcano are a little more forgiving for some reason. I-305 is pretty roomy, so you shouldn't have to worry. Someone else already mentioned the big boy seats on Dominator. I think you'll be fine.

The back row of Volcano has been closed permanently in an effort to limit rollback by compensating for aging magnets.
Credit Counter: 75 (72 Operating, 3 Defunct)
1. Intimidator 305 2. Millennium Force 3. Top Thrill Dragster 4. Volcano, the Blast Coaster 5. Maverick
6. Xcelerator 7. Steel Force 8. Griffon 9. Phantom's Revenge 9. Intimidator 10. Fury 325

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Tue May 26, 2015 6:58 pm

^ No they haven't. If the back row is closed it is only until the new magnets come in that need replaced. This happens almost every season for a few weeks until the parts come in.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby redfoot12 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:32 am

bert425 wrote:^^ thanks :)

Flight of Fear can also be dicey for larger riders.

Good luck!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby VegasBaby » Wed May 27, 2015 9:36 am

The new slide tower looks like a great addition to the waterpark and I like how it's still included with KD admission. I've been on a few of those trapdoor slides at Noah's Ark and SFMM and they are by far my favorite water slides. The anticipation that builds while waiting for the bottom to open is just incredible. The only drawback is that the trapdoor slides are single rider and tend to have long lines, but having three slides should help out a lot with capacity. I also like how there are both body and tube slides on this tower and that each slide offers a unique experience. I really hope we see more of these towers installed at CF parks, I know that Knott's Soak City could really use one. (The last waterpark addition at Knott's was the Proslide Tornado back in 2006.) This addition really makes KD a two day park and I think gives it an advantage over Water Country since there's no separate admission charge.
Coaster Count: 231 Last Coaster: Iron Rattler
Top Ten: 1) Superman The Ride 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Shambhala 9) Lightning Rod 10) Mako

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Ape » Wed May 27, 2015 10:46 am

hmm, do i venture into the waterpark during my one day visit or just try and get the most rides possible on I305? i've never been on a trap door slide, but i've also never been on I305.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:08 pm

If you go on a weekday and get Volcano out of the way early, the water park is very possible to do while still getting many rides on 305.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby certifiedcoastergeek » Wed May 27, 2015 12:52 pm

Ape wrote:hmm, do i venture into the waterpark during my one day visit or just try and get the most rides possible on I305? i've never been on a trap door slide, but i've also never been on I305.

If you absolutely have to choose one or the other, choose Intimidator; otherwise, on a weekday you should have time for both (both are world-class rides).
Credit Counter: 75 (72 Operating, 3 Defunct)
1. Intimidator 305 2. Millennium Force 3. Top Thrill Dragster 4. Volcano, the Blast Coaster 5. Maverick
6. Xcelerator 7. Steel Force 8. Griffon 9. Phantom's Revenge 9. Intimidator 10. Fury 325

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!