Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1874 - Coconut Shores coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:34 pm

do the KD coasters accommodate guests of a larger size?

I know that the Cedar Fair parks typically have some big=boy seats.

I'm about the same as I was last year for our Penn. trip, and I had no trouble there, but just trying to plan ahead for any disappointment :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby certifiedcoastergeek » Tue May 26, 2015 2:49 am

bert425 wrote:do the KD coasters accommodate guests of a larger size?

I know that the Cedar Fair parks typically have some big=boy seats.

I'm about the same as I was last year for our Penn. trip, and I had no trouble there, but just trying to plan ahead for any disappointment :)

Dominator does in the middle two rows, but none of the other coasters or rides (as far as I know) have designated seats for guests of a larger size.
Credit Counter: 75 (72 Operating, 3 Defunct)
1. Intimidator 305 2. Millennium Force 3. Top Thrill Dragster 4. Volcano, the Blast Coaster 5. Maverick
6. Xcelerator 7. Steel Force 8. Griffon 9. Phantom's Revenge 9. Intimidator 10. Fury 325

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby DCSportsAndCoasters » Tue May 26, 2015 3:23 am

I think the hypercoaster on KD's front page is legit. No other Cedar Fair park is putting an coaster that they don't currently have on their front page.
Omar Shinaishin
I like D.C. sports teams
Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens, Six Flags America are my home parks
Favorite coasters are: Griffon, I305, Dominator, Volcano, Apollo's Chariot, S:ROS, Fury 325, Skyrush, and so much more.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Instagram @shinaishin_nation/Google+ +TheAnimatorOfficial/Twitter @TheAniOfficial, subscribe to me on Youtube (TheAnimatorOfficial).

Postby certifiedcoastergeek » Tue May 26, 2015 3:50 am

DCSportsAndCoasters wrote:I think the hypercoaster on KD's front page is legit. No other Cedar Fair park is putting an coaster that they don't currently have on their front page.

Worlds of Fun did it. Plus, Kings Dominion doesn't have Millennium Force (look in the background). I discovered the picture, and I'm helping to debunk it - the only place where KD might put a hypercoaster is as a Hurler replacement, and that just got retracked within 2 weeks and new trains at the beginning of the season. :roll: Look for something in 2017. The only parks that we know are getting something are Cedar Point (the email-known as Divegate to the KD faithful), Canada's Wonderland (land clearing+survey markings), and Carowinds ("big splash in 2016", Thunder Road closing). There are no leaked plans, trademarks, survey markings, or a hint during a press conference to indicate that 2016 is KD's year. Expect the Shockwave removed with a thrilling flat ride to replace part of its land for 2016 while the land around it gets prepared for a huge B&M in 2017.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Millennium Force 3. Top Thrill Dragster 4. Volcano, the Blast Coaster 5. Maverick
6. Xcelerator 7. Steel Force 8. Griffon 9. Phantom's Revenge 9. Intimidator 10. Fury 325

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby DonkeysWaffles » Tue May 26, 2015 9:10 am

certifiedcoastergeek wrote:
DCSportsAndCoasters wrote:I think the hypercoaster on KD's front page is legit. No other Cedar Fair park is putting an coaster that they don't currently have on their front page.

Worlds of Fun did it. Plus, Kings Dominion doesn't have Millennium Force (look in the background). I discovered the picture, and I'm helping to debunk it - the only place where KD might put a hypercoaster is as a Hurler replacement, and that just got retracked within 2 weeks and new trains at the beginning of the season. :roll: Look for something in 2017. The only parks that we know are getting something are Cedar Point (the email-known as Divegate to the KD faithful), Canada's Wonderland (land clearing+survey markings), and Carowinds ("big splash in 2016", Thunder Road closing). There are no leaked plans, trademarks, survey markings, or a hint during a press conference to indicate that 2016 is KD's year. Expect the Shockwave removed with a thrilling flat ride to replace part of its land for 2016 while the land around it gets prepared for a huge B&M in 2017.

I don't see Millennium force anywhere in that image. Also, Worlds of Fun has all of their rides. I think KD will indeed get a coaster in 2016. Cedar Fair goes through a cycle when it comes to their bigger parks, and KD is next in line.
TheAnimatorOfficial
Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens forever!

1. Fury 325
2. Intimidator 305
3. El Toro
4. Apollo's Chariot
5. Skyrush

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby DonkeysWaffles » Tue May 26, 2015 9:16 am

I doubt CW is getting a coaster next year.
TheAnimatorOfficial
Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens forever!

1. Fury 325
2. Intimidator 305
3. El Toro
4. Apollo's Chariot
5. Skyrush

Postby certifiedcoastergeek » Tue May 26, 2015 1:55 pm

#UseProperGrammarPlease wrote:
DonkeysWaffles wrote:1. I don't see Millennium Force anywhere in that image.
2. Also, all of Worlds of Fun's major rides are depicted.
3. I think that KD will receive a coaster in 2016.
4. Cedar Fair goes through a cycle when it comes to their bigger parks, and KD is next in line.

Capturemilleniumforce.JPG

2. Worlds of Fun doesn't have a B&M hyper or gigacoaster.
Capture478.JPG

3. With Cedar Point receiving an uber-expensive B&M dive coaster in 2016, you can forget any coaster above the size and price tag of a Triotech hitting Kings Dominion in 2016.
4. Cedar Fair rejected Kings Dominion when the park was due for a coaster in 2014, and again in 2015. It seems like they want to milk Intimidator 305 and clever marketing ploys as long as possible.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:01 pm

If you want to solve the 2016/2017 Cedar Fair mysteries, the last thing you should be doing is trusting Cedar Fair's clueless graphic designers.

Like Intimidator 305, Windseeker, and Soak City the best bet is to wait for the building permits to be filed with Hanover County.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby TB305 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:23 pm

^^The only similarities that coaster you circled and Millennium Force has is that there is a lift hill... :roll:

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby MagnumFreak25 » Tue May 26, 2015 3:00 pm

#UseProperGrammarPlease wrote:
DonkeysWaffles wrote:1. I don't see Millennium Force anywhere in that image.
2. Also, all of Worlds of Fun's major rides are depicted.
3. I think that KD will receive a coaster in 2016.
4. Cedar Fair goes through a cycle when it comes to their bigger parks, and KD is next in line.

Capturemilleniumforce.JPG

2. Worlds of Fun doesn't have a B&M hyper or gigacoaster.
Capture478.JPG

3. With Cedar Point receiving an uber-expensive B&M dive coaster in 2016, you can forget any coaster above the size and price tag of a Triotech hitting Kings Dominion in 2016.
4. Cedar Fair rejected Kings Dominion when the park was due for a coaster in 2014, and again in 2015. It seems like they want to milk Intimidator 305 and clever marketing ploys as long as possible.

1) That's a purple line.... How do you even call that a coaster. Even if it is something its random filler.
2) It's an artist rendering, no ones going to care really. This mindless speculation is getting pathetic.
3) 15 Mil is rumored for that. That's dirt cheap for a CP ride, and still in an SF price range.
4) KD is due for a coaster but it won't happen. They're focusing on other more important things and a coaster isn't necessary. It's not neglected either, CP went through this same kind of coaster drought and its a flagship park.
Top 10:
El Toro, Boulder Dash, Magnum, Phantom, Maverick, Goliath (SFOG), Millenium, Nitro, Dragster, Storm Runner

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!