Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1870 - Grand Carnivale at Kings Dominion
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!
 
Posts: 1409
Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Location: Virginia Tech
Gender: Male

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby Intimidator305 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:53 pm

It seems like a Pipeline Peak rider touched and moved the park's webcam while in line today so now you're too close for comfort with the riders in the Pipeline Peak queue. https://www.kingsdominion.com/online-fun/webcams

Screen Shot 2015-05-24 at 6.47.15 PM.png


On a side note, the Hurricane Heights line has been crazy this weekend, but it seems like crews are sending people as fast as they can which is good to know.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!
User avatar
 
Posts: 2316
Joined: 06 Mar 2014
Location: Purdue University
Gender: Male
Age: 21

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby Password121 » Sun May 24, 2015 5:15 pm

DCSportsAndCoasters wrote:
certifiedcoastergeek wrote:
DCSportsAndCoasters wrote:
Password121 wrote:I think you should wait until an announcement is made to criticize harshly. Remember the outcry when Colossus' closure was announced before the RMC makeover was confirmed? Something good will come out of it--I have faith in Cedar Fair to do good things in that growing park down south.


Carowinds already confirmed that it will be closed down for "family friendly attractions". So right away an RMC makeover is right out the window.

Also, Cedar Fair does not work with RMC. Yet.

Yet is the key word. Can you say "New Texas Hurler"? :airtimer:


That would be great! I think that Grizzly and Rebel Yell are too iconic for an RMC treatment, but the generic, painful Hurler would be perfect!

No, not what I meant. Closing down a clasic park icon like Thunder Road or Colossus happens for a reason. People thought closing down Colossus was the worst option possible, but it turned into a huge win for the park. I'm sure Carowinds will be justified in removing this ride, and what is put in its place will be well worth it's removal. All I said was "something good will come out of it," not "OMFG RMC carowindzz is da bomb lol."
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 607
Joined: 08 May 2015
Gender: Male

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby Coaster Hero » Sun May 24, 2015 8:38 pm

Yeah, parks don't just remove rides for no reason. As stated above, Carowinds will justify it somehow. Every park makes up for a ride removal eventually, even if it takes a while.
Sometimes when I am at the park I ask myself "Why is Kingda Ka open?"

Du skulblaka fricai
User avatar
 
Posts: 1132
Joined: 19 Feb 2005
Location: The Commonwealth
Gender: Male
Age: 30

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby timetrial3141592 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:25 pm

Coaster Hero wrote:Yeah, parks don't just remove rides for no reason. As stated above, Carowinds will justify it somehow. Every park makes up for a ride removal eventually, even if it takes a while.


SFNE removes rides for no reason.
If this post expresses an opinion that you do not like, please refrain from bashing me, changing my profile pic and title, or sending me angry PMs. Instead try posting a thought-out response. I try to respect your views; please respect mine. Thank you.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.
User avatar
 
Posts: 583
Joined: 03 Dec 2013
Gender: Male

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby Comeagain? » Sun May 24, 2015 11:16 pm

timetrial3141592 wrote:
Coaster Hero wrote:Yeah, parks don't just remove rides for no reason. As stated above, Carowinds will justify it somehow. Every park makes up for a ride removal eventually, even if it takes a while.


SFNE removes rides for no reason.


Since when is SFNE a good example of how to manage existing rides?

I've gone pantless!
User avatar
 
Posts: 34202
Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)
Gender: Male
Age: 59

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Mon May 25, 2015 5:41 am

Suggestion: This is the Kings Dominion Discussion Thread. If you want to talk about Carowinds, do it here.

Thank you.
Image
Image

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.
User avatar
 
Posts: 285
Joined: 16 Apr 2015
Location: The Center of the Universe
Gender: Male

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby certifiedcoastergeek » Mon May 25, 2015 4:55 pm

I was at KD today and queuing to re-ride Drop Tower when I noticed that the KD FUNTVs were playing a POV of GateKeeper. I watched the TVs carefully for the rest of the day, and this was the only POV that I saw. Is this typical of KD's FUNTV service or a subtle hint for 2016?
Fun fact (no pun intended): The name "FUNTV", which is the name of all audiovisual queue entertainment services across all Cedar Fair parks, is a reference to Cedar Fair's NYSE ticker, FUN.
Image
Credit Counter: 75 (72 Operating, 3 Defunct)
1. Intimidator 305 2. Millennium Force 3. Top Thrill Dragster 4. Volcano, the Blast Coaster 5. Maverick
6. Xcelerator 7. Steel Force 8. Griffon 9. Phantom's Revenge 9. Intimidator 10. Fury 325

I own the website www.donkey.com
User avatar
 
Posts: 800
Joined: 30 Jul 2014
Location: Cleveland
Gender: Male

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby MagnumFreak25 » Mon May 25, 2015 6:19 pm

You're overthinking this. They've been playing random coaster povs from their other parks at all the parks. I've seen Xcelerator and Fury on the CP ones soits not any kind of hint.
Top 10:
El Toro, Boulder Dash, Magnum, Phantom, Maverick, Goliath (SFOG), Millenium, Nitro, Dragster, Storm Runner
Image

I own the website www.donkey.com
User avatar
 
Posts: 800
Joined: 30 Jul 2014
Location: Cleveland
Gender: Male

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby MagnumFreak25 » Mon May 25, 2015 6:21 pm

You're overthinking this. They've been playing random coaster povs from their other parks at all the parks. I've seen Xcelerator and Fury on the CP ones soits not any kind of hint.
Top 10:
El Toro, Boulder Dash, Magnum, Phantom, Maverick, Goliath (SFOG), Millenium, Nitro, Dragster, Storm Runner
Image

Bonafide Donkey Expert
User avatar
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: 28 Jul 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Age: 32

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby Brassinthegrass » Mon May 25, 2015 6:41 pm

He's right... Saw millennium force online for steel force at Dorney...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron