Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1875 - What's New at Haunt for 2019?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby Nozzy » Sun May 17, 2015 7:06 pm

certifiedcoastergeek wrote:I'm at least 99% sure that it's always done that and I highly doubt that the ride motion is able to be modified on such short notice.
P.S. Who even rides the Crypt? That piece of scrap metal is empty on the Fourth.

I rode it today. It's probably my favorite flat in the park, other than Drop Tower. It's always a crapshoot with whether friends will ride it or if they're too frightened, which I think highly contributes to its usual short lines. I don't think there's any ride at KD that gathers a bigger crowd to watch. I wish more parks had this model instead of the normal Topspins!

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Sun May 17, 2015 7:19 pm

Nozzy wrote:
certifiedcoastergeek wrote:I'm at least 99% sure that it's always done that and I highly doubt that the ride motion is able to be modified on such short notice.
P.S. Who even rides the Crypt? That piece of scrap metal is empty on the Fourth.

I rode it today. It's probably my favorite flat in the park, other than Drop Tower. It's always a crapshoot with whether friends will ride it or if they're too frightened, which I think highly contributes to its usual short lines. I don't think there's any ride at KD that gathers a bigger crowd to watch. I wish more parks had this model instead of the normal Topspins!

You should see Everlands 13 inversion cycle, they run on their version.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby DCSportsAndCoasters » Mon May 18, 2015 1:00 pm

I think this would be a great location for a new coaster.
Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 3.50.54 PM.png
Omar Shinaishin
I like D.C. sports teams
Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens, Six Flags America are my home parks
Favorite coasters are: Griffon, I305, Dominator, Volcano, Apollo's Chariot, S:ROS, Fury 325, Skyrush, and so much more.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Instagram @shinaishin_nation/Google+ +TheAnimatorOfficial/Twitter @TheAniOfficial, subscribe to me on Youtube (TheAnimatorOfficial).

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Mon May 18, 2015 1:28 pm

DCSportsAndCoasters wrote:I think this would be a great location for a new coaster.

How would you get to it?
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Mon May 18, 2015 1:52 pm

That would be the last place the next coaster will go. It financially doesn't make sense to remove and rebuild the largest building (the park's warehouse) for a coaster.

If the Shockwave rumors are true, expect the next coaster to go there and branch outward around the site.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby certifiedcoastergeek » Mon May 18, 2015 6:36 pm

DCSportsAndCoasters wrote:I think this would be a great location for a new coaster.

Correction: This is the ideal location for a new coaster, since the Shockwave is up for removal, KD wouldn't need to remove too much (save the Shockwave and the barren wasteland that is the Action Theater and maybe the CornStalkers maze)...
KD2016v2.JPG
Yes, it looks like the Loch Ness - Busch Gardens Williamsburg-inati CONFIRMED (insert X-files theme song)
Not bad for a large B&M invert, wing coaster, or flying coaster, although a hyper is out since there's not enough for airtime hills...
Credit Counter: 75 (72 Operating, 3 Defunct)
1. Intimidator 305 2. Millennium Force 3. Top Thrill Dragster 4. Volcano, the Blast Coaster 5. Maverick
6. Xcelerator 7. Steel Force 8. Griffon 9. Phantom's Revenge 9. Intimidator 10. Fury 325

Postby certifiedcoastergeek » Mon May 18, 2015 6:43 pm

Updated picture with (hopefully) confusion-proof labels...
*EDITED* Look at Dominator for comparison and tell me you can't put a large B&M in Old Virginia, snaking through some trees and between existing rides...
KD2016v3.jpg

P.S. For all you naysayers...
KD2016ex1.JPG
1. Intimidator 305 2. Millennium Force 3. Top Thrill Dragster 4. Volcano, the Blast Coaster 5. Maverick
6. Xcelerator 7. Steel Force 8. Griffon 9. Phantom's Revenge 9. Intimidator 10. Fury 325

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby MagnumFreak25 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:52 pm

You can't put a coaster there... At least with out removing all those rides you just paved over. Plus, land clearing would have started by now.
Top 10:
El Toro, Boulder Dash, Magnum, Phantom, Maverick, Goliath (SFOG), Millenium, Nitro, Dragster, Storm Runner

Postby certifiedcoastergeek » Mon May 18, 2015 6:53 pm

MagnumFreak25 wrote:You can't put a coaster there... At least with out removing all those rides you just paved over.

BGW did it, with Chariot and with Alpengeist. And Shockwave is due for removal anyway.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby MagnumFreak25 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:56 pm

I didn't know Apollo and Alpengesit were at kD :lol: And its not due for removal, no reason to remove a perfectly functional ride.
Top 10:
El Toro, Boulder Dash, Magnum, Phantom, Maverick, Goliath (SFOG), Millenium, Nitro, Dragster, Storm Runner

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!