Phantasialand Discussion Thread

P. 252 - Launched Flying Coaster announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:40 am

^Agreed 100%.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:40 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:Finally recovering from our Germany trip. . . And omg.... OMG!!! Phantasialand is such an amazing park. Words literally can not describe how amazing this park is. And Taron?!? Holy crap! :lover:

I’m beyond jealous of anyone who has this park as a home park!!! (Full Photo TR coming soon!)

I was amazed at Europa Park's level of theming in the queues of many of their rides last week. The Thor hammer in Wodan, very nice. Can't wait to contrast it with Phatasialand on Sun and Efteling in Tues.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby gardyloo! » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:54 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:I have to chime in to toss my vote to team Maverick. Taron's visuals are amazing and the second launch is as good as Maverick's launch, but it doesn't have the intensity, airtime, or diverse layout of Maverick.

Taron is still a great ride, but I'll take Maverick.

Agreed! Although the ride's length and launches were great (as good as an LSM can get), I thought the ride a bit lacking in airtime, and found most turns (except for 3 or 4) not that intense. Still amazing ride and extremely well themed, visuals etc... However, it's just not quite there on intensity when compared to Maverick (or even Ispeed). The restraints are amazing though, intamin's second best after their T-Bar.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:01 am

I agree those lap bars are amazing. My dream is for SFNE's Superman to get those restraints if it ever gets a new train.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby MrSum1_55 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:57 am

Comparing Taron to Maverick is comparing apples to oranges. They are great for different reasons. Maverick is intense and packed with forces. Taron is also intense, but it is more about the visuals than just the track layout. Airtime is a little sparse on both coasters, but Maverick's airtime moments are better.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Pedrinho » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:28 am

^ I agree. We rode Taron first in spring 2017. Ti was purely amazing. In July we rode Maverick and it blasted Taron down. Again in autumn we got back to Taron and it was kind of.. "Boring". Of course it wasn't really boring, but after Maverick it has lost some of its awesomeness. We're in the Maverick bandwagon.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Mr. B » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:04 am

I have some free time on an upcoming business trip to Germany and after much debate between Europa Park (2.5-hour drive), Holiday Park (1-hour Drive) and Phantasialand (2.5-hour drive), I have decided to go to Phantasialand (this is plan unless someone can convince me otherwise). The days that I can go are Saturday, August 3rd or Sunday, August 4th. Does it make any real difference crowd wise which day I go? I know from a previous trip that many things in Germany are closed on Sundays and people seemed to stay home more, but I don't know how that may translate into crowds at amusement parks. Thanks!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!