Phantasialand Discussion Thread

P. 252 - Launched Flying Coaster announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:29 am

Getting ready for our flight to Germany. Omg!!! I’m so excited to finally get to visit this park!!
Bigger is not always better.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:07 am

^ Have a great trip! :airtime:
Resize of K-08.jpg
...And don't forget film, ha ha! On the park's Main Street. TPR 2010 Europe Tour.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:40 pm

Finally recovering from our Germany trip. . . And omg.... OMG!!! Phantasialand is such an amazing park. Words literally can not describe how amazing this park is. And Taron?!? Holy crap! :lover:

I’m beyond jealous of anyone who has this park as a home park!!! (Full Photo TR coming soon!)

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RollerManic » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:23 pm

^ Any comparison to Maverick, by chance?

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:38 pm

CP is my home park and I also just visited Phantasialand a few weeks ago... Taron is better. Maverick is fun, but Taron is just better in almost every way for me. No contest.

I'd give up Maverick and Steel Vengeance in a trade, if I could ;)
-Steve

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby tndank » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:02 pm

Wife has agreed to a Europe trip next year. Can't wait for Taron. Those are bold words. I like it.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:48 am

tndank wrote:Wife has agreed to a Europe trip next year. Can't wait for Taron. Those are bold words. I like it.

I admittedly didn't have any real expectation for Taron. Like, I knew it would be great fun and such reading reviews, but didn't really let the hype build up or anything in my mind.

Watching POV's I always just thought "It looks fun!" but the POV's never did the ride justice. By the time we hit the brake run after our first ride I was literally speechless. I personally think aside from front for visuals, the back is where it's at on this one. The airtime and out of control sensations are amplified for sure. In a nutshell, it's just a kick ass ride.

Enjoy your trip next year. Just got back from our first trip to Germany/Netherlands and we are already planning on going back. Phantasialand is incredible, we look forward to going there next time once the new area and coaster open up. It will really make the park feel more complete in terms of size/attractions.I hope you are also going to other parks in the area too, I assume?
-Steve

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby tndank » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:57 am

We are looking at probably 10-14 days. My brother lives in London so we'll visit him and hit Alton/Thorpe/Blackpool if possible, then hit Netherlands, Germany, Poland, etc.

Still trying to narrow down the parks and figure out time needed each place. I've been looking through old TRs here, previous planning threads, and watching youtube vlogs on the parks.

Seems a bit daunting to put this together but I think whatever we end up doing will be a blast.

The way you described Taron is pretty much my Maverick experience. I heard it was good, didn't watch any POV really, and then was blown away by how fun it was.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:55 am

RollerManic wrote:^ Any comparison to Maverick, by chance?

Taron blows Maverick out of the water. Like, obviously Maverick is amazing.... But Taron just takes it to an entirely new level. The amount the track is twisted and crosses over its self so many times... Half the time you literally have no idea what’s coming next. I’ll agree with others POV’s do NOT do this ride justice. I went into it thinking “Coaster looks awesome, I’m sure it will be a decent ride.” But daumn!!!! I had no idea I would be as blown away as I was.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:44 am

I have to chime in to toss my vote to team Maverick. Taron's visuals are amazing and the second launch is as good as Maverick's launch, but it doesn't have the intensity, airtime, or diverse layout of Maverick.

Taron is still a great ride, but I'll take Maverick.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Brockton Fair

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!