Phantasialand Discussion Thread

P. 252 - Launched Flying Coaster announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Postby RCT3Bross » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:31 am

I just wonder why they leave two squars open like that while they finish the rest. I mean I look at a picture where they are much further with the wall (having a nice wood like patern on the top and the shield completly black with a gray dragon(?) desing in it.) and those holes stand out because they only have iron fram work to finish the shield. Either you F.L.Y goes through it what I find wierd because it seems like a soundbarrier or a small second ride? (wishful thinking). :lmao:

I also hope the start of this themework now means at the start of 2019 season that ugly fence is gone and instead the area is blocked behind this beautiful wall. And that train off thought brought me back to believe they do plan a 2019 opening.

Edit: I know now where the holes are for. some crazy arch pieces. The wall turns out beautiful though.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby NCC1701-E » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:33 am

To show what RCT3Boss want to explain..
Here is a picture of the Theming progress and the new Arches that are connectet to the not themed squares at the wall.
Looks really nice and colorfull so far. =)

phantafriends.jpeg

Source: Phantafriends

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:11 pm

Wow. That's an impressive wall.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby NCC1701-E » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:40 am

Theming at the big wall continues...
Scaffholding and the first metal grids for further Theming appeared on the right side of the wall, also the Theming on the left continues around the corner a little further.

wall1.jpg

The more interesting thing ist, that more launchparts appeared on the construction site. At least two of them are installed after the Lifthill right after the station and more are waiting to get in place. So a Second launch is as good as certain. :lmao:

launch1.jpg

source:
Picture 2 : Coaster force (CSLKennyNI)
Picture 1: Phantafriends (Nachtfalke)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:48 pm

Wow, that wall looks like it's getting what are called buttresses,
usually attached to big churchs, like Notre Dame in Paris.

Very impressive, the whole thing so far.
buttress.jpg
Buttress, in plural.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby NCC1701-E » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:25 am

During the offseason, there is not much that i can offer in terms of new Pictures from Theming or so.
Phantasialand Prepares for Wintertraum and reopens for there winterevent in several days.

For a small preview, they sendet this Picture of the new Christmas Tree carring in Place and create the Ice Surface.
Baum.jpg

eis.jpg

Also decorations and lights are going in place =)

berlin.jpg

Source: Phantasialand on Facebook and Whatsapp

But the more interesting thing is the new designed Vekoma Homepage.
They show a new gerneration model of a Flying coaster, that to me (and many other), has a simillarity to F.L.Y.
Flying Coasters.jpg

According tho the vekoma website, there will be a Darkride section with a story, prepairing the Riders for the trip, than it will rotate the seats into Flying position and launch the Train. This all sounds pretty familliar.... :-D
The Train has also 10 rows of two Seats, like the Vekoma Test facility.

Here is the Original Vekoma Text:

Flying Coasters

On this really unique ride, riders are comfortably and safely harnessed in a prone position. Riders start in a sit-down position and are transported sideways to a dark ride section. They are immersed in a story to save the world using their flying super powers. Prepared to get launched, the track and seats are turns 90 degrees creating a smooth transformation from dark ride to flying coaster from where the flight begins and riders experience inversions, air time moments, near miss moments and a lot more. With their arms stretched out, face down and parallel to the track, this is as close as it gets to flying like superman!

The combination of the different positions of riders, creating a free view dark ride section in combination with a thrill, makes this ride type a one of a kind in the roller coaster industry.

(Soon to be announced)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:57 pm

Soooo... a few days ago I found out we are going to get to go to Phantasialand in 2019... HOLY CRAP!! I am so freaking excited. It's one of those parks that I've always thought... "Gosh that looks awesome. Too bad I'll never get a chance to visit it." Then *BAM* my partner lets me know we are going. Like, holy crap. I am so excited for this!! :br :br :br :br
Bigger is not always better.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:23 pm

^ It's a really awesome park, and now has a few New Extra Awesome Attractions,
since I was last there (2010).

Have a great time there. And an eventual TR (of course) would be appreciated. :wink:
Resize of K-03.jpg
A shot of Black Mamba. TPR 2010 Europe Tour.
Resize of K-05.jpg
Myself and Jon with ( ~~~~~~ ) between us. TPR 2010 Europe Tour.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Noctew » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:34 am

A quick reminder that this time of year is probably the best time to visit Phantasialand. Barely any queues, almost all rides are open (except River Quest)...
IMG_0092.jpeg
...there's great decoration and lighting...

IMG_0109.jpeg
...trees and ice and stuff...

IMG_0097.jpeg
...great food...

IMG_0095.jpeg
...and of course Klugheim and Taron at night are even more mysterious.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Max0815 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:12 am

Rookburgh Update

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!